Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside The Box Exercises

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    John knows his stuff. I try to use some of his movements in my DC routine when possible.
    Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

    Comment


    • #17
      Some months ago I threw in heavy partial DB laterals for my side delts. The benefit of that is how much the traps come in to play, too. I usually get them on my back day, and the extra work significantly brought them up in the last 6 months or so. I guess there's something to be said for frequency.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        Some months ago I threw in heavy partial DB laterals for my side delts. The benefit of that is how much the traps come in to play, too. I usually get them on my back day, and the extra work significantly brought them up in the last 6 months or so. I guess there's something to be said for frequency.
        I have a good idea of how this might look...but do you have any vids? I am guessing in the ballpark of 2x the weight you would normally use for strict laterals?
        Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
          I have a good idea of how this might look...but do you have any vids? I am guessing in the ballpark of 2x the weight you would normally use for strict laterals?
          A little more than that, but yeah. I do high-rep drop sets with it. So say, 70# for 15 reps, then 55# for 15 more, then 40# for 15. I got the idea from John Meadows, and man, oh man, does it work.
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            A little more than that, but yeah. I do high-rep drop sets with it. So say, 70# for 15 reps, then 55# for 15 more, then 40# for 15. I got the idea from John Meadows, and man, oh man, does it work.
            I am on it. Never done them in this manner. I am picturing the bottom half of the movement. So from start position to somewhere between naval and nipples as top position?? And just cranking out high reps with the most lbs you can handle? Body English ok?
            Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

            Comment

            Working...
            X