Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Mind is a Powerful Asset - EliteFTS article (COOL stuff in here.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Mind is a Powerful Asset - EliteFTS article (COOL stuff in here.)

Don't forget what you already know: Your MIND is a powerful asset. (Trust me, this one's cool. You're gonna want to read it.)

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-already-know/

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Great stuff man - really enjoy all of your articles.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

My gym bag will now include a bottle of 151 and a 9mm. I'm making every rep count
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
        Great stuff man - really enjoy all of your articles.
        Thanks, man. Lots of fun to write 'em, too.

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        My gym bag will now include a bottle of 151 and a 9mm. I'm making every rep count
        Video, por favor!

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Very cool article Scott…research methods from back in the day are always interesting. Would you happen to have any advice for inhibition of neurological barriers one might have? Short of whiskey shots and amphetamines of course!
          “The bottom line here is that there are a multitude of strategies for neurological disinhibition, and your mind is ultimately the gateway for expressing your physiological strength potential.”

Comment

Interesting article. Did the subjects show any diminished strength when exposed to the same stimuli again and again over the course of the study? Did they grow accustomed to them? I have to change up my workout playlist as certain songs fail to pump me up as much over time.
            Fixing boats and lifting weights. Boat trouble? PM me.

Tom

Comment

Great article, I have always thought the mental aspect of training is far under rated. Many people just don't focus or "switch on" and then you see those that do and the difference is dramatic and usually the results are too.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

I have instructed the Mrs and my son to barge into the gym screaming war chants and firing blanks/wielding swords and spears at any moment they wish..I am holding you to this Scott, if I have a heart attack from the fright and dont pull a PR, you sir will feel greatly responsible for bringing this to my attention...until you logout that is!

Great article. KISS ftw, I couldn't agree more with the article.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro View Post
                  Very cool article Scott…research methods from back in the day are always interesting. Would you happen to have any advice for inhibition of neurological barriers one might have? Short of whiskey shots and amphetamines of course!
                  “The bottom line here is that there are a multitude of strategies for neurological disinhibition, and your mind is ultimately the gateway for expressing your physiological strength potential.”
                  I'd do some self-inquiry and find out what makes you tick, seriously. Remember, its YOUR mind, not a generic mind that each of us has, that runs on the same thoughts...

Music?

Rage?

Fear?

Love?

Revenge?...

True story: I was actually crying in the gym (tears flowing) before a set just last week, upon conjuring an image. Take that kind of emotion and you're pretty damn unstoppable

Originally posted by Boat Ogre View Post
                  Interesting article. Did the subjects show any diminished strength when exposed to the same stimuli again and again over the course of the study? Did they grow accustomed to them? I have to change up my workout playlist as certain songs fail to pump me up as much over time.
                  They didn't repeat the tests, but the responses do the various stimuli remained consistent. The subjects didn't know when the stimulus would come and there was several minutes between each exposure.

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
                  Great article, I have always thought the mental aspect of training is far under rated. Many people just don't focus or "switch on" and then you see those that do and the difference is dramatic and usually the results are too.
                  Yep.

Just talked to an old PL'er who use to train with Bill Kazmaier back in the day.

He was talking shit to Bill (making a long story short here) and pissed him off.

Bill walked over to a bar loaded to about 850, fired up (as you've prob. seen him do on the WSM competitions) and "deadlifted" the bar off the ground almost to chest level and then threw it back down.

It took him while to chill back out...

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  I have instructed the Mrs and my son to barge into the gym screaming war chants and firing blanks/wielding swords and spears at any moment they wish..I am holding you to this Scott, if I have a heart attack from the fright and dont pull a PR, you sir will feel greatly responsible for bringing this to my attention...until you logout that is!

Great article. KISS ftw, I couldn't agree more with the article.
                  If I'm to be responsible, i require video proof that the above actually happened....

Thanks, man.

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Working...
                  X