Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimising natural testosterone levels: Maca powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimising natural testosterone levels: Maca powder?

Hi Everyone

First off, happy new year to all. One my new years resolution is to become more active on this forum (instead of just reading posts) as i work toward my long term goal of a natural pro card!

I was wondering if anyone has tried Raw Maca Powder and whether you have had noticed any benefit from taking it?

Has anyone else had any other success with supps, food, other lifestyle changes to enhance natural testosterone production?

I am looking to optimize my natural testosterone levels. Now that i am nearly 26, i find that i have literally no sex drive, so i think this may be an indicator that my testosterone levels are low. Additionally, i want to ensure that i am creating the optimum muscle building environment within my circumstances.

Thanks in advance

in! I would love to see if there's any reviews as well!

Comment

If you think T is low you definitely get some labs done if you have not already. With test levels there is a wide range of values considered to be normal; you might have a lower than desired test level, however, it might still be considered “normal”. At 26 years old HRT is probably unlikely baring some kind of extenuating circumstance. Loss of sex drive is not necessarily always caused by low T but it’s something you should speak with your primary physician about.
      As far as “natural” test boosters, I would be little to no help as I have no experience or perspective on said compounds and don’t know what is allowed or not allowed for a natural competitor. You might, however, get a baseline test level and hormone panel first then if you choose to manipulate your hormone levels, get another round of labs drawn at a later time to see of your regimen of choice is accomplishing its intended purpose. Just my opinion. Good luck with your years goals.

Comment

Two things that helped me out in the past:

Vitamin D- I don't believe Vitamin D supplementation will directly raise testosterone levels, but Vitamin D supports literally hundreds of processes in the body. One of which is testosterone production. So if you have low levels it may influence lower levels of testosterone production. Thus, supplementation may help raise levels in this circumstance.

I get regular blood draws. After one of mine my physician found my Vitamin D levels were low. He then put me on a protocol to bring my Vitamin D levels back up to optimum levels. After loading phase with Prescription Drisdol (I think mine was once a week for a month) and 5,000 IU's a day of standard Vitamin D should reestablish levels, then a maintenance dose of 5,000 IU's would be taken per day. Again your doctor would be the judge of what you need and what protocol to take. You can overdose on Vitamin D so don't try this on your own.

Here is a link to info on Drisdol-

http://www.drugs.com/pro/drisdol.html

Another supplement that has helped me was a product made by Ortho Molecular Products called CDG EstroDIM. This product will help with estrogen control and increases free testosterone. I was dubious at these claims. I decided to give it a try after blood tests showed low free test levels and my doctor recommended this supplement. A couple months later I had my levels checked again and found that my free test was now at it's highest levels ever. The problem with this supplement is that this exact brand is only carried by doctors. You may be able to formulate your own. Here are the ingredients.

Vitamin E 50 IU
        Calcium 120 mg
        Calcium D-Glucarate
        I3C 200 mg
        DIM 100 mg

Keep in mind increases in your natural production will not result in noticeable increases in muscle mass or reduction in body fat, but you may notice renewed energy and more drive than before. This is just my 2 cents. I'm sure Scott could add to this or even correct several things I have written here.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I have been taking Stinging Nettle Root and Libido 6 from TN. It seems to have helped with my libido. I had labs done about 8 weeks ago with similar concerns. I am 29. My test was good at 500+, but my SHBG was high. I read that Stinging Nettle can lower SHBG.

I am going to look into the supplement Doberman recommend however. I actually found it for online purchase here: http://www.professionalsupplementcen...DGEstroDIM.htm

Doberman, have you noticed an increased libido from this supplement?

Thanks!

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

I did notice an increase in libido. I wouldn't say an extreme difference, but it was noticeable. I noticed the biggest difference with the combo of this and Vitamin D. They just seemed to optimize me. I wouldn't say you go from feeling normal to feeling super human and sex crazed, but I did go from feeling beat up and low on energy (felt like I was tired all the time) to feeling additional energy (Didn't feel like I just wanted to sleep or sit down all the time), and better recovery (less soreness). As far as libido I felt more in the mood then not..

Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Just found this too:

http://www.dentalhealthessentials.co...stroDIM/Detail

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Even better:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045NZUV2/...SIN=B0045NZUV2

Truenutrition.com
                Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                  Thanks, I just ordered 3 bottles. Do you take the recommended 2/day? Do you take it continuously, or just for a little while to "re-set" the HPTA?

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

He only had me taking 1 a day. With that price I probably would do 2 a day. I think my free test levels went from 50 pg/mL to 190 pg/ml's. It's been a while, but I remember the doc was pretty happy with this much of a change.

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

On a side note, I remember Scott saying this may be a worthwhile supplement.

Truenutrition.com
                      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

thanks everyone for the response.

I have no intention at all of going on TRT/HRT, so i will definately look at experimenting with the ingredients in the supplement that Doberman mentioned (i would ordinarily order the EstroDIM, however being from Australia, customs/shipping charges may not make it feasible).

On a side note, i saw this thread started by Dante a few years ago, where supplements such as Long Jack and Stinging Nettle were mentioned
                        http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...ghlight=nettle

has anyone had any experience with these?

Comment

Originally posted by HELLA SWOLE View Post
                          I have been taking Stinging Nettle Root and Libido 6 from TN. It seems to have helped with my libido. I had labs done about 8 weeks ago with similar concerns. I am 29. My test was good at 500+, but my SHBG was high. I read that Stinging Nettle can lower SHBG.

!
                          Sorry I don't have more input, but read my post above....

Comment

Bump! anymore feedback on this product?
                            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

DAA seems very promising also. You should note that the 2 studies I read the only subjects who saw/felt any difference at all were the ones who had very low testosterone to begin with. Unfortunetly I don think any of these products can enhance performance, only help peopel who have severly low T, I hope that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                              X