Hydro whey gran for gram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro whey gran for gram

Curious to some of your thoughts about using hydro PWO instead of whey isolates. Some people say they are much quicker, others say it's a marketing scam. Also I see some companies saying 30g of hydro is enough but they recommend 50g of isolates. Can you really use les hydro and get the same desired effect? In that case it may actually be Cheaper

I tried it for about 3 months. I know that's not long but it's more expensive and I don't care for the taste. In that short time I was trying it I noticed no difference from they hydro than the ON gold standard I have been using over the past couple years. In my opinion the hydro may be better on paper but it's not going to make a noticeable difference for most of us.
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

The compulsive vomiting from the taste of my post workout hydro whey from on made me lose like 9 lbs so it's amazing for cutting lol... Just kidding... It does taste real bad though... Idk I use the Debitterized hydro from tn and I like it (taste way better then optimum) I like the pepto pro to
      I Bookend my workouts with em pepto before hydro after... I'm making good progress as of late but It could be the pepto or the combo either way I'm a supp whore and love being a blender scientist... (Insert evil laugh here)
      Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-27-2013, 10:29 PM.
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

I have a custom shake that is 65% potato starch, 35% de-bitterized hydro whey, orange flavored. Tastes great, like a melted orange creamsicle
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I guess my standpoint on the hydro whey thing is if it gets in your system quicker it can't be a bad thing... Supps nowadays are like awsome at hitting a certain niche... I love the pepto for intra and the hydro post (with added bcaa intra and leucine post) on the way home then I have some hi gi carbs then when hunger strikes back to clean whole food

Edit as I agree with heavy hitter and did not make that clear in my posts... I only use this post workout the rest of the time it's isolate/casien for ME any way kinda like pepto would be non economical and IMO unessassary to use pepto or hydro exclusively
          Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-27-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

My experience with the potato starch was not orange creamscicle lol (it was bad)
            Macho are you mixing like vanilla hydro in it?

Comment

The only time I see hydro being of benefit is during and post workout. At other times of the day I think it's just too expensive to warrant it's use and really the quicker uptake wont really matter
              My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                My experience with the potato starch was not orange creamscicle lol (it was bad)
                Macho are you mixing like vanilla hydro in it?
                Nope, it is a TN custom mix straight from the site, so the whole shebang is orange flavored.
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
                X