Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beta alanine and cissus: amounts/timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta alanine and cissus: amounts/timing?

are there any specific standard timing suggestions for either of these, and standard amounts? ie: PWO carb+protein is standard.

i understand creatine works better in the presence of insulin, so we take it PWO. Do i do that with beta, too, and how much?

i think i remember DC saying ~5g, and others have mentioned splitting it up--any importance in that?

same question for cissus (god that shit tastes bad). currently im just doing a teaspoon at night.

The effective dose of beta-alanine has been research at 4-6g/day, however significant tingling can and likely will occur at that dose if taken all at once. Therefore it is recommended to divide the dose throughout the day. Parasthesia (the tingling feeling) generally occurs at dosages between 800mg-1.6g. Blood levels peak 30-40min after ingestion and fall after about 3 hours so it is suggested to take a dose of 800mg-1.6g every 3-4 hours. It is also suggested that beta-alanine may need to be dosed higher in those with more lean mass or those with more lean mass may require a higher dose to see benefits however more research needs to be done along these lines. For your reading pleasure: http://education.athletesperformance...lanine-dosing/
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

perfect response and excellent site mental, thanks!

no tingling yet, might add more to experience tingling. is it me only or does tinglin sound like fun...

Comment

Beta alanine I take between 6-9 grams. In my pre intra and pwo drinks
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
          perfect response and excellent site mental, thanks!

no tingling yet, might add more to experience tingling. is it me only or does tinglin sound like fun...
          The tingling is not fun. Wait until you take too much and you need to scratch your balls. Oh, that'll be a real joy, trust me lol

But if you break up your dose you should be good.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I like the tingling. But, I've never had a ball scratch attack on it. I bet that's not fun. Or is it? hmmm?
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

At five grams the skin on my entire body crawls and my hair itches like I have lice. This lasts an hour o so. I am often sensitive to any drugs/supps etc.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

i think the tingling is fun. shows up in 10mins :p doing 5-6g with creatine.

i am still reading up on beta but i came across this, which states that taurine should be supplemented or else long term health problems may ensue
                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your...a-alanine.html

then again its bb.com. any merit to this?

ps: cissus tastes terrible. shotgun that stuff.
                Last edited by greensoup; 11-19-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

i think the tingling is fun. shows up in 10mins :p doing 5-6g with creatine.

i am still reading up on beta but i came across this, which states that taurine should be supplemented or else long term health problems may ensue
                  http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your...a-alanine.html

then again its bb.com. any merit to this?

ps: cissus tastes terrible. shotgun that stuff.
                  I never heard the taurine issue in humans... but did come across this after reading what you posted, http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...omyocytes.html So based on that, it makes sense to add in taurine with beta-alanine.

I supplement with taurine daily (mainly to help with stress and as part of my pre-w/o cocktail) anyway as it is inexpensive and it has many other benefits: http://www.poliquingroup.com/Article...f_Taurine.aspx

I think this discussion calls for the expertise of the resident scientists

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    I think this discussion calls for the expertise of the resident scientists
                    I am here!

In my scientific opinion, taurine is constructed from molecules, which are composed of atoms, which are in turn made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. The protons and neutrons have a substructure composed of 3 valence quarks and clouds of virtual gluon and quark excitations. In addition, there is the non-zero vacuum expectation value of the gluon and light-quark fields, which gives the valence quarks an effective mass much greater than their bare mass.

:sammich:
                    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                    kind of a douche

Comment

Try taking beta-alanine even in small doses when you have PHN (Postherpetic Neuralgia‎). I want to die.

I am not a big fan of beta, if I am being honest, for gains.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Re: Cissus...I take it in the evening with my peach mango greet tea mix (don't judge me). I usually do a tsp (heaping) in each cup, and have 3-4 of those per night. Actually, in the green tea mixes, I like the taste (I wouldn't eat it on its own). I have thrown it in my drinks like this for the past several years and I believe it has helped alleviate/mitigate past elbow issues/pain. I haven't and don't go without it.

-s
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Cissus and tea go well together for sure IMO.
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            Try taking beta-alanine even in small doses when you have PHN (Postherpetic Neuralgia‎). I want to die.

I am not a big fan of beta, if I am being honest, for gains.

Skip
                            any reasoning for oyur opinion on beta?

and not sure what postherpetic is, but not liking the word herpe in tere :sammich:

Comment

any reasoning for oyur opinion on beta?

and not sure what postherpetic is, but not liking the word herpe in tere :sammich:
                              It actually is related to herpe in the sense that PHN is from shingles. I have had it for over 10 years and likely will take it to my grave. Very painful.

I don't think beta-alanine does anything, at all.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X