Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodwork interpretation please (hormone Profile)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodwork interpretation please (hormone Profile)?

My results:

Total Test: 562 ng/dl
    Free Test: 13.3 ng/dL (9.3-26.5)
    FSH: 2.3 mIU/ml (1.5-12.4)
    LH: 7.0 mIU/ml (1.8-12)
    SHBG: (H) 58.2 nmol/L (10-57)
    Total Cholesterol: 143

I am 29 yrs old. I used to take anabolics, but have not in almost 7 yrs. I am actually glad to have my total test level where it is considering these factors. However, I would like to see my SHBG lower and thus my Free test higher. Libido is not non existent, I can perform, but I'm not as "perky" as I'd like. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Stinging Nettle Root? Long Jack?

Also, since I am "low normal" on my FSH, does this indicate anything on my fertility?

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

I have nothing to contribute other than I wish I had your Test level
    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

do you happen to have your albumin number?

Comment

Did you request those certain items checked or is that a standard run down when you have your test checked? Just curious, never had it done. Not trying to derail your thread.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyJohnson View Post
          do you happen to have your albumin number?
          No, why do you ask?

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
            Did you request those certain items checked or is that a standard run down when you have your test checked? Just curious, never had it done. Not trying to derail your thread.
            I specifically asked for these items. I should have thrown in estrogen and DHEA as well, but didn't want to pay a fortune.

I have a cool doctor with an athletic background who will test anything I ask. To top that off, he gives me the labs at his cost. I paid like $195 for all of these tests, in addition to vitamin D level (which was normal with my supplementation of 5000iu 3X/wk).

Comment

It's used to find bio available T and free T, usually more accurate then the tested number. As you already mentioned your SHBG is very high, and just cause your Total T is higher doesn't mean it is good. SHBG does go up with age and that number is of a ~70 yr old and kinda negates the good Total T and kinda reflected in the free T.
              Last edited by DirtyJohnson; 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyJohnson View Post
                It's used to find bio available T and free T, usually more accurate then the tested number. As you already mentioned your SHBG is very high, and just cause your Total T is higher doesn't mean it is good. SHBG does go up with age and that number is of a ~70 yr old and kinda negates the good Total T and kinda reflected in the free T.
                Exactly...which is why I was curious how I can reduce my SHBG to take more advantage of the respectable amount of total test my labs show?

Thanks

Comment

if you do have your albumin use this calculator
                  Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator

also as you already said you should really have your estrodial checked

give this a look over Free Testosterone and SHBG

Comment

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but as far as libido is concerned for me personally, the more I get it out the more I can perform like an animal.

I need to get my bloodwork done too, how much was it?
                    :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                      Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but as far as libido is concerned for me personally, the more I get it out the more I can perform like an animal.

I need to get my bloodwork done too, how much was it?
                      That's not my problem though...

Comment

Working...
                      X