What's your training style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your training style?

What's your current training style? Why? Is it working? Does it meet your goals? Most importantly... Are you intense enough????
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Currently hitting it 6 days per week each bodypart twice per week. My own twist on HIT... so far so good. Been growing while keeping bodyfat around 7.0%-7.5%.

Am I intense enough.... well I was hunched over puking this morning after squats I still had three exercises left after that. I killed every one of them.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Currently hitting it 6 days per week each bodypart twice per week. My own twist on HIT... so far so good. Been growing while keeping bodyfat around 7.0%-7.5%.

Am I intense enough.... well I was hunched over puking this morning after squats I still had three exercises left after that. I killed every one of them.
      That's what the fuck I'm talking about.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Compete in PL, so training style is based on that. Worked with josh Bryant the past 6 months and workout 3 days a week, along with another 2 days of very light cardio and flexibility.
        IG - smadayjr
        YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWxyEfQCp1TVn6C7XO-lQ6g

Comment

Currently running 5/3/1.

Mon- Squats
          Tues- Bench
          Thurs -Deads
          Fri- OH Press

Goals are to increase strength I would like to total 1100 in March when I do my 1st PL comp @ 148lbs.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
            Currently running 5/3/1.

Mon- Squats
            Tues- Bench
            Thurs -Deads
            Fri- OH Press

Goals are to increase strength I would like to total 1100 in March when I do my 1st PL comp @ 148lbs.
            Dang T, getting down to my weight! What is your total now (estimated)?
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              Dang T, getting down to my weight! What is your total now (estimated)?
              Yeah, I am currently at 154 -155 body weight.

My gym total is 1095, but that is with my gym PR's (all lifts performed on separate days). Also using straps on the deadlift.
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                Yeah, I am currently at 154 -155 body weight.

My gym total is 1095, but that is with my gym PR's (all lifts performed on separate days). Also using straps on the deadlift.
                You a lean little bastard!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Sunday & Wednesday: Full-body weight workouts encompassing lessons and principles I learned from HIT, DC, Max-OT, and 5/3/1.

Monday & Thursday: LISS Cardio, 60 minutes.

Tuesday & Friday: HIIT Cardio running intervals on a treadmill.

Saturday: Off

Why? It works for me and I enjoy it.

Comment

Currently: AGVT (Advanced German Volume Training) / 3x-week - "smart volume for me"
                    Will try to take it up to 4x-week training in January.

LISS cardio 4x-week for 30mins...

Was doing a DC style routine for a while and the body/joints needed a break.
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Just restarted 5/3/1 after a more volume based approach for contest prep.

Looking forward to good strength gains, not looking forward to losing the chiseled look.
                      2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

I'm all about trying to get in tune with my body. Goals are bodybuilding physique oriented; growth, shape, symmetry etc. Currently I am cutting.

I used to love high volume, five days a week, standard splits hitting each body part once per week. I found my body doesn't heal up adequately for this.

For almost the past year, I've been doing DC training. It took awhile to wrap my head around the less volume, but I followed the plan religiously and went up nicely in size and strength. Both my weak and good body parts grew more in the first couple blasts than they did in the past couple years. Now I definitely love lesser volume and higher frequency. One thing I learned is that the three rest pauses to failure, statics, widowmakers (weak parts) and extreme stretches beat down my CNS more than I liked. I just seem to not heal as well as others.

Enter now, I'm doing a regimen like PastorPump's with a 3 way split similar to DC that focuses on my weak muscle groups, and that I think will be a little easier on my CNS.

Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
                        Tuesday: Bi's/Forearms/Back Width/Back Thickness
                        Thursday: Calves/Hams/Quads
                        Friday: Chest/Shoulders/Bi's

Major muscle groups 3 exercises each, and minors 2 exercises each. Only exceptions are forearms get 1 exercise and back gets 5 exercises (2 width, 2 thickness + deadlifts). Mon/Tues/Thurs are 2 working sets each, both to positive failure. One set 8-10 reps and one set 12-15 reps. Friday will be pump work only not reaching failure, and using different points of flexion. As with DC, controlled quality reps and progression in weight/reps are still my goals.

If the above doesn't work as well as I theorize, I will go back to DC training 100%. When I get back to the offseason and kCals are high, I will likely go to the DC 3 way split to bring up weak areas.

Whew, that was long winded. Sorry guys! Lol

Comment

A variation on DC. It's push/pull/legs off repeat setup like a Dc 3 way split. I do this 6-10 weeks then run a Chest/shoulder back legs arms off repeat split with much much more volume. So far so good

Comment

Right now I'm following my own program in which I utilize principles taken from DC, MD, Yates-style HIT, MI40, etc.

I'm a general believer in warming up and then one all-out set per exercise (although some of these warm-ups may be considered workings sets to others) - whether that's one all-out straight set, a superset, dropset, rest-pause... I incorporate many different techniques. But I use that one all-out set to keep intensity high as well as a way to more effectively gauge progression. I also try to hit each muscle/muscle group from several different angles and from several points throughout the strength curve within a training session to make sure that I activate the maximum amount of muscle fibers. I also incorporate techniques such as intention and extreme stretches.

Right now I'm trying to focus on bringing up my chest, delts, & arms so my split is as follows:

Monday: Hams/Quads/Calves
                            Tuesday: Rest
                            Wednesday: Chest/Delts/Tris/Abs
                            Thursday: Rest
                            Friday: Back/Bis
                            Saturday: Chest/Delts/Abs
                            Sunday: Rest
                            Monday: Bis/Tris

REPEAT
                            moco
                            IM Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitor
                            Last edited by moco; 11-07-2013, 05:02 PM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                            2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                            2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                            2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Smolov, currently week 6 of 13 (squatting 4 times per week)...I dunno if I am intense enough, but every workout f'ing hurts and my legs are forever sore. However, I hit a PR for 2 i thought I would never hit for 1. I will probably go back to 5/3/1 or maybe look into the Cube or some type of block periodization...
                              2005 HOA Natural Classic
                              2006 OCB Midwest
                              2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                              2008 HOA Natural Classic
                              NPC Mid-Illinois
                              NPC Midwest Open
                              NPC Natural Grand Prix
                              2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                              USPA Illinois State
                              NGA Heart of America
                              NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Working...
                              X