X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you post more?

Honest, serious question.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Most people here know more than me. I will post in life experience as it pertains to a subject as my life is great.

In all honesty I look like I should know more. People ask advice all the time because they judge the book by the cover. I send them here where the information is first hand from some of the best.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Because I have been told too stop posting sooooooooo much lol

It was however good advice as I would psycho post compulsive critiques repeatedly...
      But to the newer guys with questions who are apprehensive about posting you should... Put up a journal or ask we got some super good dudes at IM that will help...

Just take time to digest the info before dropping everything
      Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM.
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

True Celt I was kidding lol but it was great advice and I know have my head on straight

Comment

not much to talk about aside from a question or two, and most can be found on stickies. and since some of the value posts are so disorganized it takes a LOT of reading to find all the gems. so a lot of my time is reading.

otherwise, once in a while there's a good discussion going on and i really like those threads. especially the ranch one

Comment

Because I only come on here to check if there is any new DC training talk. I have been coming to this forum since 2007 but never posted here really. I am a mod and post on several other boards with a count in the 10k's but on here no desire. I think this goes for a lot of guys. I have a couple of friends on here that do the same as my self.

Comment

IM is special in that it is not littered with crap posts like BB.com or even T-nation nowadays. value is very high, albeit post frequency is lower

Comment

Why no desire to post?

Originally posted by Con View Post
                Because I only come on here to check if there is any new DC training talk. I have been coming to this forum since 2007 but never posted here really. I am a mod and post on several other boards with a count in the 10k's but on here no desire. I think this goes for a lot of guys. I have a couple of friends on here that do the same as my self.

Comment

Just coming back I see how much less people post. I plan to contribute where I can and feel I'm constantly learning...love reading all the info on here and quite frankly its what brought me back. I learned so much before when I was starting with the help of some great folks jaycook, jt1, jno, grooverbeef, redskull and more. I hope from what I have gathered and continue to gain from everywhere I can help others as well. I'm not a professional by any means but I am a perfectionist and love to learn the best way and help others in the process.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                  Journey to PL'ing http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...d=1#post408541

Comment

Originally posted by Con View Post
                    I guess the question is why not? What is appealing about the other board and not this one? Serious question, just trying to understand .

Comment

Originally posted by jholman4 View Post
                      Just coming back I see how much less people post. I plan to contribute where I can and feel I'm constantly learning...love reading all the info on here and quite frankly its what brought me back. I learned so much before when I was starting with the help of some great folks jaycook, jt1, jno, grooverbeef, redskull and more. I hope from what I have gathered and continue to gain from everywhere I can help others as well. I'm not a professional by any means but I am a perfectionist and love to learn the best way and help others in the process.

We all started somewhere , I go back and read my posts as DCBliever and my old journals(several, lol) and cringe. Those guys helped me too, Jay Cook challenged me to do my first show.

Comment

I read this then didn't post, then decided that wouldn't be very nice.

In my honest opinion if you really want to encourage posts on this website updating it substantially would be required. Information consolidation, better layout etc.

With that said I love this site, it's my primary source for quality lifting and nutritional information.
                        :preach:

Comment

Jay pushed me to do PL back in the day...I did madcow 5x5 and started learning so much. I saw what he's doing now and its awesome...great for him. Had sound advice and supportive...actually still have the pm of a diet and workout plan a few guys help me put together. Great stuff

Journey to PL'ing http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...d=1#post408541

Comment

I'd still be fiddle farting around and not now how to:
                            Set concrete goals
                            Prioritize what type of training to use for certain goals experience
                            Misusing DC training
                            Not focusing my effort energy into the big lifts

If not for an IM intervention
                            But it took a lot of honesty and willingness to change and not be bullheaded on my part to get there (along with the effort from the mods to go through my train wreck of a journal and help me take myself on the right path for MY goals NOW)

Guys jus don't need to worry about the responses they get... You'll likely get a question or 10 about what you want to accomplish why do you use this or that why is your diet this way are you really ready for DC why are you on the 3 way versus 2 way why this exercise and not that one... Stuff like that...

The point is don't take anything personally look at it for what it is because if you were really content with your methods or your progress you wouldn't be questioning... Newbies do need to read the stickies but not get offended when you post a journal or a diet or rotation and you get asked these things (why not 5/3/1 5x5 or push pulls) jus give your history digest the changes suggestions and don't be offended when you get questioned or when your advice is to 180 your thinking

The mods here try there best to get you info and advice yes... But they want you to know WHY your doing what your doing... And they been there totaled serious slag and have dieted down and done there shit

So if newbies are afraid of having there shit ripped apart or getting flamed they shouldn't worry... Because that ain't what this place is about... And don't be ashamed to list your training wts we all start somewhere... If you want solid advice be open minded post it and don't ignore the changes and critiques the guys in the trenches are giving
                            Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-04-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I think some people might have trouble listing those training wts or diet or be afraid they may get called on not squatting or jumping into DC to early... Honestly it's there lost to NOT get critiqued... It wasn't easy for me to admit I neglected squats and suck at chins and I got called on all my shit... Wrong diet bad time to use DC what's your goAl and I'm no expert at all I jus know I was apprehensive for a long time about getting mental flexed lol don't be scared guys feel priveledged if homon or mental or rob or Adam or breck push you to think through your approach... It means they care and want to see YOU succeed... They could jus shake there head and let you continue to be a hampster on a wheel!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X