Thyroid bloodwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thyroid bloodwork

Hopefully you guys can help me out. Just had lymes disease so had a ton of bloodwork done. My thyroid levels came back in normal range but was wondering if they are normal or "low normal" and there actually may be a problem. Thanks in advance

Thyroxine (t4) - 6.7. Ug/DL Range 4.5-12.0

Triiodothyronine(t3) - 109 ng/DL range 71-180

TSH - 1.650 uIU/ml. Range 0.450- 4.500

Are you going to follow up with your care provider soon to go over the lab results with you?

How do you feel?
    nexa
    Intense Muscle Competitor
    Last edited by nexa; 10-31-2013, 10:57 AM. Reason: Don't even feel like it's ok to say ok despite the disclaimer
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

He said the numbers were in range and notjig to worry about. As far as how I feel turns out I had lymes for years and didn't know. I knew something was wrong just couldn't get the proper diagnosis. I'm feeling much much better, just curious about the thyroid numbers because they are on the low side and the clinical ranges are so wide

Comment

Did they do Free, Total and Reverse T3 and T4 and Thyroid Antibodies? If not they be missing the whole picture.

Comment

I posted it exatly as it is written on the bloodwork

Comment

Anyone else with knowledge of proper thyroid levels

Comment

You're fine.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

^ thanks sammich. Hoping over the NexT few months they slowly get Back into the more normal range

Comment

They ARE in the normal range.
                  Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Ya they are in the clinical range, just wondering if they are normal for a healthy 29 year old. Your test can be 315 at age 25 and be considered normal although it's not optimal and may indicate something else is going on

Comment

That's why I asked how you were feeling and I went back and looked at your original thread about Lyme's. Labs should confirm and support the clinical picture and index of suspicion, not the other way around.

Aside from type 2 diabeetus, I can't think of any endo situation where someone's walking around feeling peachy keen with a craptastic thyroid panel, but I have little clinical experience.
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM
                      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

If you were feeling fine prior to the Lyme diagnosis then the test results confirm you are fine as Nexa said. I would not use how you feel since the diagnosis to compare to the results.

The internet provides too much information and causes people to freak out about whether their normals are normal enough. I walk around everyday with an abnormally low WBC and lymphocyte count. I have for years. I feel fine, do not get sick often and have never had any other symptoms. If I never saw the test results I would never have known or cared. It is what it is. Low is my normal. You are in the low end of normal. Big deal. If you feel ok what is there to worry about?

And if you are that worried or felt bad prior to Lyme diagnosis, ask your PCP.
                        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                          Ya they are in the clinical range, just wondering if they are normal for a healthy 29 year old. Your test can be 315 at age 25 and be considered normal although it's not optimal and may indicate something else is going on
                          yes they are. there aren't even signs of subclinical hypo/hyperthyroidism.

You're golden pony boy!
                          5% discount from TPC use GRM223

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated. Have more follow up BW in 4 weeks so it may even jump back alil more. I do feel great and have no symptoms so looks like nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                              Thanks guys much appreciated. Have more follow up BW in 4 weeks so it may even jump back alil more. I do feel great and have no symptoms so looks like nothing to worry about
                              That's great to hear, keep everyone posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X