Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing keto 5 days per week yet only gained a 1lb after a big refeed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing keto 5 days per week yet only gained a 1lb after a big refeed.

Hi,

Been a while since I've been here but I thought it's a good place to ask this.

Basically I've been using the anabolic diet principles of low carb (less than 30g a day, probably get closer to 40-50) and then I eat carbs on the weekend.

Well I basically eat what ever I want on the weekend and I baseline every friday. Currently just maintaining my weight.

I have increased my muscle mass over the last few months from 162lb to 178lb and I feel great in my new weight class (I'm a boxer).

So yesterday I had a massive carb and fat day. I estimate I probably ate 6000-8000 calories of cereal, chocolate, sausages, ice cream, pink waffers, bread, beef brisket, sweet potato fries, sweets, 2 litres of full fat coke and probably some other stuff I can't remember.

The only thing I find strange is how little i gain over the weekends. When I used to use skips loading principles I would gain 12lb the next day. Fair enough I was trying to get to the 147 class at 6'1 and I must have been depleted but it seems so strange how I only gain at most 4lb the next day. today I only gained a 1lb in water weight.

I stuff myself like crazy but I baseline every time. I'm not complaining, I am just intrigued why it is I gain so little after a huge carb load now than when I did when I was much lighter?

Thanks.

I hate you, but prob has to do with the amount of calories you burn boxing. Are you doing more now then with skip?

Comment

Lol.

It still makes no sense though as I am doing 5 days a week of strength training along with 4-5 PM sessions of moderate to high intensity boxing training 60 minutes at a time.

I'm guessing my glycogen should be pretty depleted by the end of the week so with the water and glycogen replaced I should be gaining more than a pound haha

Comment

Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
        2 litres of full fat coke
        hahahaha
        :preach:

Comment

I'm eating much more in the week than I was before.

Before I was averaging 2200 calories with a saturday skipload of about 1200-1600g of carbs. Would go from 71kg to 76 the next day.

Now I eat about 3000-3500 a day with a two day refeed on the weekend. Pretty each whatever I want. and I go from 79kg to 79.5 lol!

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
            hahahaha
            LOL! I know it hasn't got a single gram of fat but I'm so used to my girlfriend saying 'You only ever drink diet coke never the full fat stuff' :P

Comment

Teach your girlfriend what a carb is rofl
              :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
                LOL! I know it hasn't got a single gram of fat but I'm so used to my girlfriend saying 'You only ever drink diet coke never the full fat stuff' :P
                Wow :twitch:
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM
                "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

She's clued up on her nutrition. She does says it though.. Almost kind of cute when she does and I'm sure she does it on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                  X