Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Training Programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Other Training Programs

    Anybody try some of Charles Poliquin's training programs? Specifically - GVT, AGVT or 4-5% program. Would be interested to hear feed back.

    I did GVT and didn't really feel I got the most out of this program. I don't think my TUT was on point and I think one needs to be of a higher strength base to benefit from 10X10 IMO.

    Recent;y, started AGVT, too early to tell but liking it so far. Would like to try the 4-5% program afterwards.

    Another program that has my interest is Max-OT.
    Last edited by LG1; 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

    - Success is the best revenge

  • #2
    I used GVT with some changes for month periods from time to time. The results were good. The changed the workout from 10x10 to 2 5x10 exercises super set with the opposing muscle group. So Incline Bench and Lat Pulldowns 5x10, then Flat Flys and Low Rows 5x 10.

    Comment


    • #3
      In week 4 of cube boss by Brandon lilly and I am the first to switch programs every week because I get bored. I'm still loving it though. Strength program, yes. But obviously size will be gained

      Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by grammo13 View Post
        In week 4 of cube boss by Brandon lilly and I am the first to switch programs every week because I get bored. I'm still loving it though. Strength program, yes. But obviously size will be gained

        Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
        What about this program do you like? What has prevented you from switching to another program?
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

        - Success is the best revenge

        Comment


        • #5
          I think for me personally, the 'core value' of DC training is the 3 days per week and the frequency if each body part direct 3x over the 2 week cycle.

          That being said, any method of training style I think will yield great results.

          Even though I think the exact body part split up protocol that is DC training is the best.

          Sometimes I don't do the rest/pause sets. Rather I will train more traditionally or do supersets and take time
          I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LG1 View Post
            What about this program do you like? What has prevented you from switching to another program?
            My focus right now is full strength. I have ran 531 in the past and get bored during the deload and end up doing something different. With the rotation of heavy, rep, and explosive days I don't have to deload until meet week then I will use my new maxes to program into it. I won't have a final review until i retest at the end of nine weeks. I'm honestly not sure what I like about it and what's keeping me into it lol

            Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

            Comment


            • #7
              Another program I enjoyed and ran for a while was strong lifts 5x5.
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

              - Success is the best revenge

              Comment


              • #8
                Another one:

                http://www.intensemuscle.com/archive...p/t-19757.html
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                - Success is the best revenge

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone try a Milos Sarcev routine where you do three exercises per body part, two sets per exercise, first set to reach failure between 8-15 reps and the next between 6-12 reps.
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                  - Success is the best revenge

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by grammo13 View Post
                    My focus right now is full strength. I have ran 531 in the past and get bored during the deload and end up doing something different. With the rotation of heavy, rep, and explosive days I don't have to deload until meet week then I will use my new maxes to program into it. I won't have a final review until i retest at the end of nine weeks. I'm honestly not sure what I like about it and what's keeping me into it lol

                    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                    Please dont take offence..i am just asking questions..

                    Why are you program hoping? (I have done this and learned the hard way)
                    Do you have any core values to why you are training?
                    Do you read many forums/social media posts?
                    Have you made any progress in the last 2years (any rep max increases be it 5rm/2rm/8rm etc, muscular gain..conditioning)

                    I would hazard a guess to these and say probably not. Again dont take offence.
                    Been there done that. Learnt the hard way. It leads to 1 road only:no where road: big time wheel spinning


                    Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As for trying new routines myself..

                      The 2 routines I have ran are 5/3/1 and DC. I have no shame in saying i hopped between both. Thus I never made the greatest amount of progress that I could have, due to having no values to train with.
                      My core values now are:

                      Strength
                      Train Hard
                      Consistency
                      Find out what works for me and throw out whats not working.
                      Solid conditioning level

                      Those 5 keep me straight and true. Whenever i get side tracked from chasing the eagle, I look at those and remind myself why I am training.

                      That being said. Any routine will work if you put in the effort. But most of the routines in this thread, like poliquins/sarcevs are good...if you are advanced and have been training consistently for 8/10 years and even then you dont need one of these to spur new growth...sometimes just re organising your training will do the trick. Ie if you have a shit squat and want it to improve then I would say, after 10 years training you would know how to do this yourself and not need to rely on anothers program.
                      Problem is people want it all now, not in 2 hours, now.

                      Dave tate said it best (big tim paraphrasing here)..show a man a gym and let him learn how to train and figure out what works and what doesnt..that is the essence of training.
                      I keep saying this (because i believe it) internet has fcked up peoples thinking for themselves..Kazamier/Coan/Louie/Klokov/Medvedyev/Grimmick/Arnold/Rippetoe/Bill Peanuts/West, and the like, all got strong from experimenting for themselves and sticking to what worked and throwing what didnt..but not after 5 weeks of trying it.

                      Find a program, believe in it, stick to it and experiment for youself and have at it..I honestly believe if people just did this then everyone would be off the net and making progress.

                      Sorry to go off track guys..I have clients that want to try different things even though progress is occuring..because new=more gains. Doesnt work like that..how do you know if a program works or not..bodpod scans and rep max testing. Not because it felt great.
                      \mini rant

                      Sorry

                      Martin

                      P.s. I am not an expert, these are my views after 8 years on traininh and spending 5 of them making the above mistakes..now I see others making them


                      Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                        Please dont take offence..i am just asking questions..

                        Why are you program hoping? (I have done this and learned the hard way)
                        Do you have any core values to why you are training?
                        Do you read many forums/social media posts?
                        Have you made any progress in the last 2years (any rep max increases be it 5rm/2rm/8rm etc, muscular gain..conditioning)

                        I would hazard a guess to these and say probably not. Again dont take offence.
                        Been there done that. Learnt the hard way. It leads to 1 road only:no where road: big time wheel spinning


                        Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
                        No offense taken man. I program hop because I train only for fun and I get bored easy. So if I'm bored I'm not having fun. I have been reading this forum and many others since 2002, been a member since 2006. I also have worked with a few coaches including skip not too long ago and ironaddict when I was younger.

                        My maxes go up and down because when I was younger I was an addict and would be off and on in the gym. Now that life has been behind me for quite some years and I'm consistent in the gym, my maxed are increasing consistently, but slowly.

                        Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DaveEboy View Post
                          I think for me personally, the 'core value' of DC training is the 3 days per week and the frequency if each body part direct 3x over the 2 week cycle.

                          That being said, any method of training style I think will yield great results.

                          Even though I think the exact body part split up protocol that is DC training is the best.

                          Sometimes I don't do the rest/pause sets. Rather I will train more traditionally or do supersets and take time
                          Hey I love DC also, tough to go back after your used to going to failure balls out every single set. What I've done it used the 3 way in a 3 on 1 off schedule with amazing results. It hits each muscle twice a week AND is shorter workouts which allows more energy towards the end of the workout and easier to recover from a push day as opposed to a full upper body day. I think using this template allows me to Train a muscle more frequently and still progress every workout.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X