• Show
Clear All

• arnold84
    replied
    depends what I eat but anywhere between 30-90 minutes before a workout

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    replied
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to go 60-75 minutes between meal and workout and adjust from there. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    replied
    Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
    Well congrats to you Dice!!!! Right now, I have no problem drinking wine one night of the week as long as I stay lean and keep beating my logbook. It isn't like I'm getting shitfaced and it feels good to have this kind of balance... When prep times rolls around, its another story.
    Oh...I usually went for shitfaced...LOL.

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    Originally posted by dice77 View Post
    I like that plan...especially the wine part. Oh wait...I juat got rid of 90% of that beer weight I accumulated over 15+ years
    Well congrats to you Dice!!!! Right now, I have no problem drinking wine one night of the week as long as I stay lean and keep beating my logbook. It isn't like I'm getting shitfaced and it feels good to have this kind of balance... When prep times rolls around, its another story.

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    replied
    I'm actually doing my own thing for the time being. Kind of experimenting right now since I am not competing until 2014, then Homon and I are going full steam ahead.

I let myself go on Saturdays... usually some treats, a good dinner out and some desserts..and lots and lots of wine lol
    I like that plan...especially the wine part. Oh wait...I juat got rid of 90% of that beer weight I accumulated over 15+ years

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    Originally posted by dice77 View Post
    LOL. More than I have in a day. However does MF get to Skipload on Satudays? :-)
    I'm actually doing my own thing for the time being. Kind of experimenting right now since I am not competing until 2014, then Homon and I are going full steam ahead.

I let myself go on Saturdays... usually some treats, a good dinner out and some desserts..and lots and lots of wine lol

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
    170g carbs. Lol. God I wish...
    LOL. More than I have in a day. However does MF get to Skipload on Satudays? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Adam2433
    replied
    Here's what I've been doing lately:

30 min pre w/o: 60g kaboload/karbolyn (ran out of HBCDs) with 25g hydrolyzed isolate, 10g bcaa, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine, 3g citrulline malate, and 1.5 scoops of dymatize xpand or ndure

Intra-workout: 60g karboload, 20g bcaa, 30g VPX no-synthesize (which has about 15g pepto-pro, creatine,... I love this stuff) & 5g glutamine

Immediately post: 50g karboload 30g hydrolyzed isolate
    170g carbs. Lol. God I wish...

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    Here's what I've been doing lately:

30 min pre w/o: 60g kaboload/karbolyn (ran out of HBCDs) with 25g hydrolyzed isolate, 10g bcaa, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine, 3g citrulline malate, and 1.5 scoops of dymatize xpand or ndure

Intra-workout: 60g karboload, 20g bcaa, 30g VPX no-synthesize (which has about 15g pepto-pro, creatine,... I love this stuff) & 5g glutamine

Immediately post: 50g karboload 30g hydrolyzed isolate

Leave a comment:

• Adam2433
    replied
    60-90 minutes for me. I HATE lifting on a full stomach. And I have 40g Pepto intra and eat right away after so I don't think it's that big a deal to wait. Even less if you have carbs in your intra shake.

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    started a topic Pre Workout Meal Timing

Pre Workout Meal Timing

Now that I'm back to work and my schedule is different, I need to switch some things up with my meal timing.

Question: How long do you wait between your PRE workout meal and the time that you weight train? Do you adjust it according to your current goals?

I've adjusted it anywhere between 20 minutes to 2 hours. Wondering what other opinions are out there.

THANKS
Working...
X