Carpal Tunnel Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpal Tunnel Release

Anyone here had this done. i'm getting my right wrist done next friday. curious if anyone else has done it and what your experiences were.
    To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
    --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
    - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
    - Homonunculus

Had it done 10 years ago, hand was numb and woke me up at night with the pain. Recovery took about 6 weeks before I could put any pressure on my palm with a barbell, so it took some time. Make sure you do the therapy to keep scar tissue from forming too much or the tendons will become entrapped by too much scarring. Ice and massage will help. Good luck, hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for the response. i am woken up every night and it takes a solid minute or two to get the dead, sleeping feeling out of my hand. i spend about 80-90% of each day w/ some degree of numbness in it and it drives me up a fucking wall. in the last week it has progressed to pain and tightness in my forearm as well and my knuckles hurt too...

thats good advice on the rehab and ice, etc. thanks for responding. i think my main purpose here was to guage pain, recovery time, complications, time to normal function again, etc
      To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
      - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
      - Homonunculus

Comment

Originally posted by Pig View Post
        Had it done 10 years ago, hand was numb and woke me up at night with the pain. Recovery took about 6 weeks before I could put any pressure on my palm with a barbell, so it took some time. Make sure you do the therapy to keep scar tissue from forming too much or the tendons will become entrapped by too much scarring. Ice and massage will help. Good luck, hope this helps.
        I had the same experience as above. I have no issues at all. I'm going to need to have the left one done soon. I got a cortisone injection a few months ago and bought some time.

Good luck with everything!

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Joe

Contest History:
        2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
        2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
        2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
        2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
        2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
        2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment