finding clothes that fit your body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding clothes that fit your body

what do you guys do to find such? most of the time they will be huge at the waist because avg ppl do not have a V shaped back.

or do you tailor? 15-20$ per shirt adds up though.

anyone know how to tailor and do it themselves?

Searched, didn't find much aside from Ebay and Eddie Bauer.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

you actually found ones that fit that taper at the waist?

Comment

The best "off the rack", tapered fit, button down shirt I have found are Pronto Uomo @ Men's Wearhouse. Other than that, I have to have mine cut.

However, my local Men's Wearhouse only charges me $7 to take in the shirts I buy there. I only have 6 or 7 (I rotate ties rather than shirts) so it wasn't a great expense.
        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

When you have a fat gut like me, you don't have to worry about having it tailored.

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
            you actually found ones that fit that taper at the waist?
            Not sure if this was directed to me, but I meant I searched this site for old threads to look for suggestions.
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
              what do you guys do to find such? most of the time they will be huge at the waist because avg ppl do not have a V shaped back.

or do you tailor? 15-20$ per shirt adds up though.

anyone know how to tailor and do it themselves?
              What is your chest to waist differential (12 inch drop or more)?...

(Sorry - I don't recall or pic or stats, so no clue r.e. your physique... If you're a monster, it's a bit different than just looking for athletic fit kind of stuff...)

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

(Sorry - I don't recall or pic or stats, so no clue r.e. your physique... If you're a monster, it's a bit different than just looking for athletic fit kind of stuff...)

-S

What kinds of things do you have to keep in mind if there is a 12 inch difference? Is it that much more difficult to get a shirt tailored or something?

Aside from adjusting hem length on pants, I am lost. And obviously I am not asking because I am trying to get "bulky."
                Last edited by nexa; 08-11-2013, 10:39 PM.
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                  What kinds of things do you have to keep in mind if there is a 12 inch difference? Is it that much more difficult to get a shirt tailored or something?

Aside from adjusting hem length on pants, I am lost. And obviously I am not asking because I am trying to get "bulky."
                  THat's a common figure i've heard (and experienced) where you'll find that shirts tend to be pretty around the waist and tight aroudn the armpits and arms.

That's like a 48 inch chest and 36 inch waist on a big guy or a 42 inch chest and 30 inch (pretty damn small) on a leaner guy. BOth would have quite an athletic build on the upper body compared to an ave. person on the street.

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

THat's a common figure i've heard (and experienced) where you'll find that shirts tend to be pretty around the waist and tight aroudn the armpits and arms.

That's like a 48 inch chest and 36 inch waist on a big guy or a 42 inch chest and 30 inch (pretty damn small) on a leaner guy. BOth would have quite an athletic build on the upper body compared to an ave. person on the street.

-S
                    Yeah, and when you're 5'2" it doesn't make it any easier... Why did Homon have to make it so difficult for me to find clothes....
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      Yeah, and when you're 5'2" it doesn't make it any easier... Why did Homon have to make it so difficult for me to find clothes....
                      LOL.

MF, what are your measurements, for the sake of comparison here (if you don't mind)...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Express has dress shirts that fit me well, but they're not cheap and they're very modern, so if you may or may not like their shirts depending on your style.
                        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

-S
                          i am a young scrub, 5'9 173 11-12% with some fat around the belly. 42.5 to 32.25 drop, hoping to get it more toward 30

Comment

LOL.

MF, what are your measurements, for the sake of comparison here (if you don't mind)...

-S
                            I haven't done measurements in a little while but my waist is somewhere around 28.5-29inches (tops) and chest around around 42.5 - 43 inches.

I told ya I got that beach body look going on now Scott haha

EDIT: And Dakoose, I used to buy those express shirts but I simply can't fit in them. I kid you not, my forearms don't fit in the sleeves. I also used to buy those military styles shirts with the tabbed sleeves, nope, arms won't fit. I would have to buy like a large or XL to fit, which would look absolutely ridiculous on me.

-Kris
                            Last edited by mentalflex; 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

that's a common figure i've heard (and experienced) where you'll find that shirts tend to be pretty around the waist and tight aroudn the armpits and arms.

That's like a 48 inch chest and 36 inch waist on a big guy or a 42 inch chest and 30 inch (pretty damn small) on a leaner guy. Both would have quite an athletic build on the upper body compared to an ave. Person on the street.

-s
                              noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X