2013 Masters Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Masters Nationals

Just got in a couple hours ago for Masters Nationals. I'll try my best to keep you all updated. I can tell you this so far:

Carlos "Pastor Pump" is looking his best by far. He's very lean, but at the biggest I've seen him. If he fills out like he should Wow!

John Meadows is an alien. I saw pics of him a couple days ago, and I can't imagine him looking any better. Crazy.

Homon, (Scott) I haven't seen yet, but from recent pictures his new training regimen is paying dividends big time.

Again, I'll try to let you know all know how things are going tomorrow at prejudging. Fingers Crossed.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Good luck to all three of you guys!! I really look up to you. Thanks for reporting in for us doberman.
    :preach:

Comment

UPDATE

Carlos "Pastor Pump" Rodriguez- Carlos has added size while maintaining his X-Frame. His conditioning is sharp. No one had a waist nearly as small.

John Meadows John is disgusting (his favorite compliment). He told me a while ago that he thought that he'd be a super heavy, but people say that and they either don't or they do and they come in out of shape. John did neither. No one in the entire show can beat him on conditioning. Another, highlight was that he has brought up his back, which he admits has been a weak point. This time he had much more detail and width.

Scott "Homonunculus" Stevenson As you can imagine, Scott came in hard as nails. His side chest is hard to beat. This is a huge class and there were several monsters in there, but Scott looked incredible. It will be interesting to see where this one ends up as well.

It is hard to say what is going to happen. It's like comparing apples and oranges. It depends on what the judges are looking for. Here are the comparisons:

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/co...championships/

Good Luck Guys. I'll see you all after the show.

Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Comments from Muscular Development:

#258 Scott Stevenson GREAT conditioning. Dry, grainly look to this guy. Waist is a tad wide but not distracting. Quads look good. Great front double bicep and a very impressive most muscular.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Form the pics, I would have had Scott contenting for top 3.... Here are the HW results:

MASTERS OVER 40 HEAVYWEIGHT RESULTS

1ST: Dan Hawtin
          2ND: Chris Havekost
          3RD: Johnathan Johnson
          4TH: David Coleman
          5TH: Scott Stevenson

Either way, he brought an insane package and looked better this year than last. Awesome work Scott!
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

MASTERS OVER 40 HEAVYWEIGHT RESULTS

1ST: Dan Hawtin
            2ND: Chris Havekost
            3RD: Johnathan Johnson
            4TH: David Coleman
            5TH: Scott Stevenson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Joe

Contest History:
            2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
            2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
            2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
            2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
            2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
            2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Thanks guys. My phone died or I would have updated sooner.

John Meadows Super Heavy Weight Over 35- 3rd and Over 40 2nd

Carlos Rodriguez Super Heavy Weight Over 35- 5th

I'm not going to say I agreed with the placings, but I will say the competition was stiff this year. Both guys looked great and I think it could have gone differently, but it all depends on what the judges are looking for and how they see things from where they are sitting. Next year will be interesting.

Side Note- Mental was right with the quote he posted. Scott was gnarly. This guy knows conditioning. I talked with Scott briefly and he seemed in pretty pleased considering the monsters in his class. I didn't realize he was working with other clients as he was competing himself. Amazing multi tasking and a job well done.

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Thanks, Guys!

Mental- sorry for not posting pics. (My ipad was crashing every 3-5 min and I was trying to do some client works... It was pitiful, and the pics I took - just me in the hotel room - were shitty anyway.)

There are much better... (I'm on the far right... From MD.)

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post3460256

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                  Thanks, Guys!

Mental- sorry for not posting pics. (My ipad was crashing every 3-5 min and I was trying to do some client works... It was pitiful, and the pics I took - just me in the hotel room - were shitty anyway.)

There are much better... (I'm on the far right... From MD.)

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post3460256

-S
                  Scott, so what is on the horizon now for you bodybuilding wise? Anything else planned for this year?

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

#docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Who else is so dedicated to clients that he is working on his IPAD in the pump up room? One of his clients and I were talking and she sang his praises big time and I can see why. She got her pro card. I'm sure this is just a small sample of his success this weekend. Great job Scott!

Truenutrition.com
                      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Dave,

You're a damn good PR guy... LOL. Gonna have to dump the old iPad for work, except for movies in bed at home, I think. It was crashing like a MOFO (but NOW is working on the plane, of course - never tried this gogo inflight thing before, but it's a write-off.)

Dave, you're a good cat for coming out to see and support folks (meet them backstage, etc.), even if they are swamped. (Shoulda took you up on your offer for help and had you bring me my diet rootbeer - I'd a talked your ear off then... LOL)

MF - wish another show made sense, but this placing isn't high enough to warrant a NA trip (costs, etc.). I'll be in FL soon if things go as planned, so I might even just do Nationals, if the move, ebook, etc. doesn't kill me.

I've got a system in the FT (whihc is not ready, so PM's will still get the same response I've been giving) that seems to be adding mass quite well. I only used it off-season for maybe 4 mo, so I'm hoping a solid 8-9 mo. will mean another 5 lb next year. That'll add up.

Again, thanks for the support guys and sorry for my technological inadequacies as of late... (Those are being fixed this week!)

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          Dave,

You're a damn good PR guy... LOL. Gonna have to dump the old iPad for work, except for movies in bed at home, I think. It was crashing like a MOFO (but NOW is working on the plane, of course - never tried this gogo inflight thing before, but it's a write-off.)

Dave, you're a good cat for coming out to see and support folks (meet them backstage, etc.), even if they are swamped. (Shoulda took you up on your offer for help and had you bring me my diet rootbeer - I'd a talked your ear off then... LOL)

MF - wish another show made sense, but this placing isn't high enough to warrant a NA trip (costs, etc.). I'll be in FL soon if things go as planned, so I might even just do Nationals, if the move, ebook, etc. doesn't kill me.

I've got a system in the FT (whihc is not ready, so PM's will still get the same response I've been giving) that seems to be adding mass quite well. I only used it off-season for maybe 4 mo, so I'm hoping a solid 8-9 mo. will mean another 5 lb next year. That'll add up.

Again, thanks for the support guys and sorry for my technological inadequacies as of late... (Those are being fixed this week!)

-S
                          Scott,

Where in Florida are you moving?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                            Scott,

Where in Florida are you moving?
                            Still kind of up in the air, but it'lll be probably Tampa (perhaps Ft. Myers or somewhere in between...).

-S

P.S. I see you're up on the panhandle. I'm up to Mex. Beach / PCB area now and again to see a friend.
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I'm voting for Tampa.

Truenutrition.com
                              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Working...