X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam2433
    IntenseMuscle Competitor
    • Aug 2004

Reebok Crossfit Lifter Olympic shoe review

So a few days ago I ordered the Reebok Crossfit Lifter Olympic shoe after reading some reviews on lifting shoes and experiences by people on here and in person. In the days I spent waiting I almost attempted to talk myself out of wanting them and hoped I wouldn't like them. I currently lift in wrestling shoes and have never had a problem. At $150 I hoped they would be an unnecessary novelty that didn't really fit my goals.

Today I got them and realized I was wrong. They feel AMAZING. I have never worn another olympic shoe so I cannot compare. However these are very comfortable and plenty flexible enough to do any and all lifting in them including calves, leg press, bench, etc. They feel no more awkward the first few steps after changing out of my New Balances I wear to the gym than the first few in my wrestling shoes. And despite the flexibility I feel I am in a MUCH more powerful position while in the hole squatting. I am easily more upright and feel better drive in from my quads and glutes especially. I tried some pulls in them and while it wasn't bad and I will stick to the wrestling shoes for that exercise only.

And as for the cool factor I got a few inquiries and compliments on them already. Give them a shot if you are looking to make a change in foot ware. You may be pleasantly surprised like me.

One thing... they do run big so order 1/2 size small.
    Attached Files
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093
  • teckno05
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • Apr 2006

Thanks for the review, I was doing a lot of researching on olympic/weightlifting shoes early this year but decided to just go for a pair of chucks instead since 1. I'm a poor college student and anything remotely decent is out of my price range 2. I'm way too hardcore for anything else

Comment

• Sammich
      Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625
      • Nov 2005

Ok , a few questions, as I might need some new squat shoes soon.
      1) How stiff is the sole?
      2) How much do they weigh?
      3) How elevated is the heel in relation to the sole?
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

• Imprezivr6
        Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1642
        • Apr 2005

Thanks for the review. Think I am going to roll with the Adipower's personally. I just like how Adidas fit me.

Sammich- Those Reebok's are a .75" heel.

Comment

• Adam2433
          IntenseMuscle Competitor
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sammich
          Ok , a few questions, as I might need some new squat shoes soon.
          1) How stiff is the sole?
          2) How much do they weigh?
          3) How elevated is the heel in relation to the sole?
          1) Not stiff at all. I can walk around just fine and it was plenty flexible to make calf raises feel fine and if anything more comfortable than when I do them with my wretling shoes.

2) 13.4oz. I am not sure what my sneakers or wrestling shoes weigh but they feel no heavier than either.

3) .75" as Imprev said. I thought it would be much more noticable but I don't really notice it after walking with them on for a few minutes. Until I squat that is. I actually thought it would be less noticable at that time but I can really feel the difference in position and drives an olympic shoe gives me.

Hope that helps. Caveat is that I have never worn another olympic style shoe so i have nothing to compare them too. I have also seen them called a hybrid shoe as they are not as stiff or elevated as a true olympic shoe. But again I wouldn't know about that.
          Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

• Imprezivr6
            • Apr 2005

Let us know how they hold up as well. Always curious about that.

I have been squatting in Adidas Powerlift's for the last year and a half and they are holding up well. I want to get something with a bit more heel(those are .6")

I have actually started to bench, and OHP in them the last few weeks, and like how it helps me stay back on my heels more.

I might see if I can find these Reebok's at Dicks. I remember seeing the Women's version. If I could try them on, I might grab a pair.

Comment

• Sammich
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Imprezivr6
              Thanks for the review. Think I am going to roll with the Adipower's personally. I just like how Adidas fit me.

Sammich- Those Reebok's are a .75" heel.
              Originally posted by Adam2433
              1) Not stiff at all. I can walk around just fine and it was plenty flexible to make calf raises feel fine and if anything more comfortable than when I do them with my wretling shoes.

2) 13.4oz. I am not sure what my sneakers or wrestling shoes weigh but they feel no heavier than either.

3) .75" as Imprev said. I thought it would be much more noticable but I don't really notice it after walking with them on for a few minutes. Until I squat that is. I actually thought it would be less noticable at that time but I can really feel the difference in position and drives an olympic shoe gives me.

Hope that helps. Caveat is that I have never worn another olympic style shoe so i have nothing to compare them too. I have also seen them called a hybrid shoe as they are not as stiff or elevated as a true olympic shoe. But again I wouldn't know about that.
              Nuts, I don't like the flexible soles, or the light weight. Those are great for OLY lifting, but I want something heavy, stiff, and stable for squatting. :evil:
              kind of a douche

Comment

• jcross485
                • Jun 2009

Sammich, I recommend Risto's. Heavy, stiff, wood heel about .75" but the bigger the shoe, the bigger the heel (and vice versa), hand crafted, and a bit cheaper than other shoes.

Comment

• Sammich
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jcross485
                  Sammich, I recommend Risto's. Heavy, stiff, wood heel about .75" but the bigger the shoe, the bigger the heel (and vice versa), hand crafted, and a bit cheaper than other shoes.
                  Sweet, I'll look into those, thanks!
                  kind of a douche

Comment

• Imprezivr6
                    • Apr 2005

The sole on my Powerlifts is pretty rigid. I prefer a stiffer sole as well. Damn good shoe for the money.

The Adipower are like 18oz.

Comment

Working...