Hernia questIon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia questIon?

Hey everyone quick question. I had a umbilical hernia repair with the mesh a little over two years ago. I have been training ever since but stayed away from squats and deadlifts. Recently about a month ago I started doing deadlifts and squats again. Nothing crazy, only 275 to 315 on deadlift and 275 tom295 for a couple reps on the squat. Things were going good but yesterday after squatting, my hernia area began feeling different. It's hard to say exactly. There is a small lump behind the area where I had she surgery but its been so long I cant remember how it felt. This seems larger then I remember though. It is not protruding out of my stomach. Is it possible or likely that I tore the mesh with only 275 or 300 pounds. I let my hernia heal for a good two years before starting deadlifts and squats again. Thanks for any and all info.

Get it checked out, it is very possible you have damaged it, a friend of mine tore his coughing.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

First, get it checked. Second, I've done a great deal of research on hernias after I had mine repaired. It is pretty common to have discomfort in the area when it is stressed. You have to figure the tissue stretches, but the mesh does not. Also, nerves can grow into the mesh which can exasperate the feelings of tearing. So when you put pressure on the area you may cause some discomfort. I went through this and was worried every time I felt it. The only way you will feel better is to get it checked. As far as the bulge it may be nothing, and you may think it's worse because you feel discomfort. I did this. Depending on the type of mesh you had done, most have a very good track record. Like I said previously, get it checked for peace of mind.
      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
        First, get it checked. Second, I've done a great deal of research on hernias after I had mine repaired. It is pretty common to have discomfort in the area when it is stressed. You have to figure the tissue stretches, but the mesh does not. Also, nerves can grow into the mesh which can exasperate the feelings of tearing. So when you put pressure on the area you may cause some discomfort. I went through this and was worried every time I felt it. The only way you will feel better is to get it checked. As far as the bulge it may be nothing, and you may think it's worse because you feel discomfort. I did this. Depending on the type of mesh you had done, most have a very good track record. Like I said previously, get it checked for peace of mind.
        Thanks bro, I appreciate the response and will do so.

Comment

Working...
        X