When to extend skipload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to extend skipload

Currently ive been doing a 6 hour skipload. However this week is the first week ive really lagged behind in the gym. It was terrible. I had no power and no energy. My work outs really suffered
    Thinking of extending my feed to one full day. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Would it hurt to try?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

At what point in the week have you been dropping below baseline? Come Sunday, how far below baseline are you? What do you look like toward the end of the week, are you looking flat? What's your hunger like during the week?

Lots of things to consider - hire Skip and take the guesswork out of it

Instead of just bumping up to a full day from 6 hours, why not just add on a couple hours and see how that does for you?

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
      2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
      2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
      2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
      2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I would definitely hire skip if i wasnt a poor sob. Ive been base lining right at 3 days after the feed. This week was the first week i felt tons of lethargy. Ive been looking pretty good by the end of the week but im still overweight so its tuff to gauge. Hunger wasnt too much of a problem till this week. Ive also been waking up in the morning more and more frequently feeling ill. Like cold sweat and a weird mind fug like im half asleep. Almost like half drunk half hung over its weird

Comment

How in check is your daily diet?

Comment

Perfectly on point.

Or at least should be
            If what i have set is the correct way to go. I stick strictly to it.
            Its detailed in my help with weight loss thread

Last edited by Wagz86; 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagz86 View Post
              Hunger wasnt too much of a problem till this week. Ive also been waking up in the morning more and more frequently feeling ill. Like cold sweat and a weird mind fug like im half asleep. Almost like half drunk half hung over its weird

Dare I say it....

Perhaps your overtraining.. :drama:

What are your cals like during the week? static or cycling calories training/non training days.
              Macros?
              amount of cardio? length/intensity/heart rate.
              Training program currently.

I would guess its not entirely down to increasing the skipload. Many variables here.

I personally know from my measly 5 years training that when I feel like you and/or develop a cold/sore throat/never feel like thirst quenched..its time for a break from training for a week.

Comment

I took a break for about a week and gained like 5 pnds so pissed lol. Anyways. Changed my diet a bit. No longer just doing protein shakes as meal replacement. Now im just eating 2 tuna cans as a meal. With one serving of natty pb in between as snacks. So 3 meals 3 snacks. Cals are 1530
                Fat is 56
                Carbs 24
                With protein being a whopping 258 which i think is way too much
                May drop p down and increase f
                Suggestions? Im very strict and on sunday morning i do my skipload using mostly kid cereal or bran muffins and such
                Using on gold standard 2 scoops with creatine as a post
                I use HIIT workout 5 days a week
                I take ECA 3 times a day with meals sometimes more
                Multivitamin
                3k mg of fish oil
                Vitamin D3 supp

Last edited by Wagz86; 08-06-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

When to extend skipload

Cals are 1500 a Day? Think that may be your issue there....and you said you're still overweight. No way your cals should be that low with a lot to lose still. What is your weight? No carbs either? The diet during the week is definitely the issue, not the load

Comment

Im currently 165. Its about 24 carbs a day i do a keto diet
                    Im 5'5" and 27 years old btw

Comment

Just as an update. Yeah still seeing no loss during the week. Im now thinking of trying a bulk diet

Comment

Working...
                      X