Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical Job + Training = Heart Disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Gregoire
    replied
    Originally posted by Just Observing View Post
    "Dr Demosthenes Panagiotakos, who led the Greek study, said people in physically demanding jobs could be under extra stress, were lower paid and might have less access to healthcare."

I didn't read the original research, but I think this could be a big part of it.
    I was just going to post that same thing. Also having worked construction type work before when in College I know most guys have a shit diet, eating fast food for lunch, no breakfast, chocolate bars, chips, pop, drinking lots of alcohol at night and not sleeping enough.

I think if you sleep enough and have a healthy diet you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Just Observing
    replied
    "Dr Demosthenes Panagiotakos, who led the Greek study, said people in physically demanding jobs could be under extra stress, were lower paid and might have less access to healthcare."

I didn't read the original research, but I think this could be a big part of it.

Leave a comment:

• greekgod
    replied
    i would say the parameters of the study are wrong, combine hard physical work with a shoddy diet and workout maybe they right, but some one eating right and doing hard physical work and gym is a different ball game..

why arent tonnes of military guys like navy seals and marines etc dropping with heart conditions?? they run,lift and do drills all day during basic training and @ their respective units, and hit the gym in their free time...

Leave a comment:

• Skinnyrunt
    started a topic Physical Job + Training = Heart Disease?

Physical Job + Training = Heart Disease?

Seeing as I've worked a physical job for 3 years now while continuing to train hard every morning 6 days a week, this article has made me feel a little concerned. What are your guys' thoughts here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...work-outs.html
Working...
X