losing barweight on deadlifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing barweight on deadlifts

So I've started doing light weeks and heavy weeks to increase rest..thing is my deadlifts have gone down for two heavy week sessions in a row now..by 40lbs.

The first time was because my legs were tired (I posted a thread a while ago and the forum and I figured out I was just overexerting my legs and not giving them enough time to recover)

This week..hell today I was doing my heavy deadlifts and again I had to drop more weight. I thought the light week would help with recovering and I'd be able to blast past my sticking point but it seems to be doing opposite effect.

I did do stiff legged deadlifts for the first time (super light 40lbs) and was sore for 2 days (did them last Saturday). Everything else is increasing just not my deadlifts.

I personally think my hamstrings were still tired and thus just gave out hence me having to deload 40lbs. What do you guys think?

Any tips on sticking points (my tough part is lift off everything else is fine and I've read the "setting up on the big 3" )

If you are losing 40lbs I would wager it is inconsistencies in your set-up,form issues, etc. You are not losing 40lbs of strength.

Leverage is HUGE on a DL. I have watched my training partner on more than one occasion almost miss 635 or so on his warm-ups just due to the bar getting out in front of him, for him to smoke 700+ minutes later.

Post a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
      If you are losing 40lbs I would wager it is inconsistencies in your set-up,form issues, etc. You are not losing 40lbs of strength.

Leverage is HUGE on a DL. I have watched my training partner on more than one occasion almost miss 635 or so on his warm-ups just due to the bar getting out in front of him, for him to smoke 700+ minutes later.

Post a video.
      Yes I was noticing my form was breaking apart, at one point I was basically about to do a bent row before I dropped the bar back down stepped back and reset. A video I don't think I can do...I don't train with a partner and don't really have a way to set up the camera.

Thank you for the input

Comment

Originally posted by j0n020 View Post
        A video I don't think I can do...I don't train with a partner and don't really have a way to set up the camera.

Thank you for the input

Are you in a gym or at home?

I've set my phone on leg press machines, dumbbells on top of plyo boxes, etc. Figure out what angle works best during warm ups and go from there.
        #docswholift
        PGY-1 FM
        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Yes I was noticing my form was breaking apart, at one point I was basically about to do a bent row before I dropped the bar back down stepped back and reset. A video I don't think I can do...I don't train with a partner and don't really have a way to set up the camera.

Thank you for the input
          Not trying to be a dick but it doesn't sound like any of this is that important to you. If it was your answer would have been something to the effect of "Ok I'll figure out the video even if I have to Duct tape my camera to the wall" No one can begin to help without seeing the lift.

Take nexa's advice. Shit I'm sure she'd stick her phone to the wall using Hello Kitty post it notes if she had to.

Figure it out. If fixing your problem is important that is.

Comment

so basically either get a video of your lift or no help or tips...allright.

Comment

It's difficult to give tips when you can't see someone's form. Fixing the slightest things in form can sometimes make a huge difference.
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM
              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

so basically either get a video of your lift or no help or tips...allright.
                How can anyone tell you what the problem is without seeing a breakdown? Your speculation about your lift does us no good in terms of giving advice.

"Hey doc, I've got this rash, can you tell me what's wrong?"

"Sure, come on in and let me have a look"

"Nah, I'd rather you just diagnose me based on my own assessment".
                You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

A video would be good but that's been said...lol

If you have trouble off the floor switch to Deficit deads for a while it will help. Besides that I wouldn't do a light week every other week, maybe light week every 3-4 weeks like in 531 or Cube Method.
                  If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                  http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                  2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                  2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                  X