<Video> Half-naked Dude in gym, 1 month from trip to Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <Video> Half-naked Dude in gym, 1 month from trip to Pittsburgh

I was once called "disgusting," standing in this same spot in the not to distant past... I think that squint kind of makes me look cute, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeETzqdCv4

[YOUTUBE]nGeETzqdCv4[/YOUTUBE]

(4 weeks out of Masters Nationals 2013.)

-Scott
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

still disgusting btw
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Looking very impressive and looking like you are still adding bulk each year, although the title was misleading as you were way over half naked. You are usually extremely accurate with what you write.
      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
      ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        still disgusting btw

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
        Looking very impressive and looking like you are still adding bulk each year, although the title was misleading as you were way over half naked. You are usually extremely accurate with what you write.
        I'm adding a smidge each year, I agree.

Yes, that was a bit of artistic license.

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

All of your pushing muscles (c/s/t) look much rounder...rear double bi looks 3-D
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

u look rlly bulky

Are you squinting because you can't see yourself in the mirror?
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
              All of your pushing muscles (c/s/t) look much rounder...rear double bi looks 3-D
              Thanks, man. Chest was definitely a focus this year. (Kind of surprised b/c I was battling with some bicipital impingement that I figured would slow my progress there or eliminate it. At the risk of a plugging my new program, part of the training is to keep controlled and continuous reps, which if course I HAD to do or risk really messing up the shoulder, so it may have been a blessing in disguise.)

Originally posted by nexa View Post
              u look rlly bulky

Are you squinting because you can't see yourself in the mirror?
              I'll take bulky from a physique afficionada like yourself.

Well, I can actually see myself, but I'm looking for details of the posing and physique - kind of fine stuff - that help me guage where I'm at conditioning-wise. On days when I've spent 5-6 in front of the computer before going to the gym, posing afterwards, d/t the eyesight in general, plus the hazy vision that comes with good old fashioned training, and I can't see shit and just opt to pose as if there weren't even a mirror...

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I have the weirdest boner right now...
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

WEEEEE! Lookin' good mah man!

Hehe, the squint reminds of the "Levrone-squint".
                  Max Muscle
                  5020 Katella Ave.
                  Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                  www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                    Well, I can actually see myself, but I'm looking for details of the posing and physique - kind of fine stuff - that help me guage where I'm at conditioning-wise. On days when I've spent 5-6 in front of the computer before going to the gym, posing afterwards, d/t the eyesight in general, plus the hazy vision that comes with good old fashioned training, and I can't see shit and just opt to pose as if there weren't even a mirror...

-S

JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOUR VISUAL ACUITY IS STILL INTACT.

Good luck!
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                      This is exactly what I thought when I saw the video over on Scott's website. With a month to go and already at a freaky level of conditioning... just sick.

The other thing I saw is the improved midsection. That is going to be really, really freakin' hard to beat.

Scott, how much heavier are you this year than last?
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Looking great Scott
                        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                          JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOUR VISUAL ACUITY IS STILL INTACT.

Good luck!
                          THANK YOU and THANK YOU FOR USING CAPS!!! (I can hardly read most of this shit, these days... LOL)

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          This is exactly what I thought when I saw the video over on Scott's website. With a month to go and already at a freaky level of conditioning... just sick.

The other thing I saw is the improved midsection. That is going to be really, really freakin' hard to beat.

Scott, how much heavier are you this year than last?
                          Well, I don't know about beating a lot of the guys (John Meadows, the freaky bastard, comes to mind), but I think my physique has improved overall, so that's cool.

I've been guessing about 5lb larger along most of the prep, but the interesting thing is that with this new training regime, I loaded up like MOFO during my carb up. (Higher volume training, overall.) Like never before, actually, to the point where I may have to watch my weight and adjust my water to make the heavyweight cut-off. I was actually 235 at the peak of my water loading and about 228-230 when I'd be weighing in (and literally just at 224 on the AM of weigh-ins during the practice run).

Of course, my weight drops a TON after that when I cut water (you know the drill). It was about 8-10 yr ago when I was practicing this regime (pretty close) week after week to make sure I could squeeze in as a light-heavy.

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                          Looking great Scott
                          Thanks, man!

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

Well, I don't know about beating a lot of the guys (John Meadows, the freaky bastard, comes to mind), but I think my physique has improved overall, so that's cool.

I've been guessing about 5lb larger along most of the prep, but the interesting thing is that with this new training regime, I loaded up like MOFO during my carb up. (Higher volume training, overall.) Like never before, actually, to the point where I may have to watch my weight and adjust my water to make the heavyweight cut-off. I was actually 235 at the peak of my water loading and about 228-230 when I'd be weighing in (and literally just at 224 on the AM of weigh-ins during the practice run).

Of course, my weight drops a TON after that when I cut water (you know the drill). It was about 8-10 yr ago when I was practicing this regime (pretty close) week after week to make sure I could squeeze in as a light-heavy.

-S

Is John going to make it into the heavies? I know a while back he said he would be close.

John definitely has a gnarly look when he hits the stage but the improvements you've made since last year are quite noticeable (duh... lol).

O/T, but thanks for taking the time to bring clarity to my fitness / professional goals over the weekend. I feel like this is the best course in the long run.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              Is John going to make it into the heavies? I know a while back he said he would be close.
                              We'll see. He has been in stage shape for weeks now, so there's little weight to lose. Frankly - I'm just guessing here - it might be a matter of whether he wants to be a Super, b/c the competition won't be as tough perhaps (fewer conditioned guys) or if he wants to be a heavy.

John definitely has a gnarly look when he hits the stage but the improvements you've made since last year are quite noticeable (duh... lol).
                              John is FRIGGIN' HUGE in person. Crazy big. I wish I could go in surgically and cinch his abdomen tight so he'd not have that holding him back. Maybe some ab implants and he'd be good to go.

O/T, but thanks for taking the time to bring clarity to my fitness / professional goals over the weekend. I feel like this is the best course in the long run.
                              It was my honor to help, Kris. To play any sort of role in another's life direction, be it even the smallest, is one of the most valuable things we can do for one another.

-S
                              The Book Has Arrived!
                              The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Working...
                              X