Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Ezekiel Bread as a carb source

Hey guys,

What does everyone think of using Ezekiel Bread as a carb source offseason as well as pre contest? I know some coaches keep it in our diet as close as 3 weeks out, but it seems Skip is not a fan.

What are your thoughts on its pros and cons?

I use it both offseason and precontest, never had any problems.

Comment

I obviously know nothing about contest prep, but I do know Ezekiel bread has a relatively low glycemic index, and is a complete protein source. Also it's yummy and great for sammiches (no pun intended). It is, however, expensive as shit.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Expensive as Shit, but delicious for sure. No idea if the cost is worth the benefits though.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
        2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

Hmmm... I'm wondering why Skip would be reluctant on it. I'll ask him. I do find that eating 40g carbs from Ezekiel Bread doesn't sustain me as long as 40g carbs from sweet potatoes or brown rice for example. Maybe it's to do with satiety?

Comment

Especially delicious when its toasted, plenty of fiber...but I only use it for certain meals. I always run out of gas if i eat that before a workout. It certainly doesn't have the lasting energy like oats or a potato for me.

Comment

The cinnamon raisin one is so freaking good.

Comment

i'd try it but i need to keep costs down so i just stick to oats and simple cheap stuff

Comment

not a huge fan of the bread, but the ezekiel cereal is my main carb source. 1/2 cup is 40 grams of carbs and 9 grams of protein. i usually do 3/4 cup of cereal and sweeten with just a touch of real maple syrup
                  My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Working...
                  X