Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the most difficult BB exercises to perform (correctly)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the most difficult BB exercises to perform (correctly)?

Which exercises do you find the most difficult to perform correctly in terms of technical execution and activating the correct muscles?

im not referring to which are the most taxing but which ones did you manage to master that took the most work/effort/etc?

I'lt start with three in no particular order:

DB Pullovers (for lats)
    DB Laterals
    Deadlifts
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Squats and Flat Bench

Comment

I don't find any to hit the muscle particularly, in fact I think it's BS that everyone should do an exercise a certain way "form wise". I think people should focus on using an exercise to their mechanical advantage or disadvantage aka Dante getting funky with angles and stretch position. In the beginning yeah follow generic form but we aren't all built the same so everyone can't to each exercise the same. just don't put yourself in a position to hurt yourself.

Comment

Lately its been squats for me (pain in my lower back and upper thighs when ever I go parallel or below) and reg-dead's. Racks feel good but I just can't seem to find the right grove for the ones off the floor.
        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Cleans and Snatches are one million times harder to master than anything I've ever tried.
          If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
          http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
          2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
          2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
            Cleans and Snatches are one million times harder to master than anything I've ever tried.
            Some would say that only a very small percentage of lifters have ever truly mastered those lifts.

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Cleans and snatches are so bloody hard to get right. I certainly agree there.

Any variation of the Deadlift.
              Squats.
              Bench.
              Lateral Raises
              Rack Chins.

Deadlift and squat form/technique will be impaired by lack of flexibility and I don't believe you will fix it to perform it correctly until your flexibility improves substantially.

Richard Hawthorn an absolute sensation when it comes to Deadlift performance, has taught me a lot (from YouTube) about Deadlifting. His form and technique on every rep is phenomenal.

I agree that everybody has different bio mechanics and you should perfect your own performance based on it.

Comment

Here is one more regular lift that I struggle with: romanian dead lifts. I simply cannot feel them in my hammys and never get into a rythm.
                Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

any oly lifts, still suck at cleans

db lateral raises for sure
                  any lateral raises to hit the side delt
                  the fancy tricep bench presses that are common here (reverse thumbless palmed smith cgbp, etc)

and in the past, squats and some bench variations

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                    any oly lifts, still suck at cleans

db lateral raises for sure
                    any lateral raises to hit the side delt
                    the fancy tricep bench presses that are common here (reverse thumbless palmed smith cgbp, etc)

and in the past, squats and some bench variations
                    Funny how some guys can nail one exercise but struggle with another. I suck at RDL but db laterals I can absolutely zero in on whatever head of the delt I am focusing on. I used to suck at them. Then I broke it all the way down to using 10-15-20 lb dumbbells. If I go to 25 it is a good day. If I go to 30s or above my traps take over...no bueno. Note: I do sets of 15-35
                    reps depending on the lbs.
                    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

definitely swaminator, i noticed that working on hitting the muscle correctly (mind muscle connection) required active effort and my PL style origins did not train that well for me. starting from low weights and focusing on the movement carefully lets me improve but still i feel like i can work on it more, playing around with grip location, raising hands vs elbows, directly to the side or a little in front of you when raising, keeping chest high vs a little forward lean, pinching blades, straight arm vs bent arm, elevating scapula as well, and all this fkn nonsense.

one day ill figure it out

Comment

sqert and derdlerft
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

pullups

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
                            Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                            Some would say that only a very small percentage of lifters have ever truly mastered those lifts.

-S
                            As a competing weightlifter, I echo these sentiments loudly.

FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                            If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                              As a competing weightlifter, I echo these sentiments loudly.

That's really funny. I was cracking up and then tried to explain it to my wife, she doesn''t get it...
                              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                              X