BCAA intake and cuting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCAA intake and cuting

I am thinking of starting a cut. I have cut before but never used Glutamine or BCAA to assist. I now basically have unlimited access to those so cost is not a consideration. Would or has anyone substituted a lot of their WPI for these 2 compounds.

A friend of mine uses a product that basically says that 5 grams of BCAA is the same as 20 grams of protein and to just use the BCAA as it is virtually calorie free. I am dubious of this. Would it be better to cut down carbs and add a few drinks a day of BCAA and Glut mix.

I also have no problems with creatine or WPI access.

For anyone who needs the stats I am a natty, 37, 5 foot 9, 230-242 in weight depending on am/pm and carbs.

Looking to lean up maybe 20lbs, 30lbs at most.

Thanks in advance.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

I would only use the BCAA's around training 5-10g before, during and after.

BCAA's contains the four branched chain amino acids, complete protein sources like Whey or EEA's contain the 9 essential amino acids.

Your friends statement is false, your body can't synthesize those 9 amino acids so if you don't eat them and you need them you are limiting your growth or recuperation.

What you could do is take 20g of whey with 5g of BCAA for less calories then 40g of whey for example and that would be a sensible solution but really BCAA's are insulinogenic so not really helpful for fat loss.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
    2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
    2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

If it were EAA/BCAA combo I'd do it. I like BCAA/EAA and pepto pro

Comment

You ask a question on any given day and in return you can easily get 101 different replies. So here's number 102. I would sift through it all and then come up with your plan and see if it works for you.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OmmNjyaQY[/YOUTUBE]
        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post

Looking to lean up maybe 20lbs, 30lbs at most.

Thanks in advance.
          Skip would get you there the fastest and probably easier than you think.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.

I would love to hire skip but at present just shelled out a lot of money on a new business, work full time and m trying to run another small business. Even though I could maybe find the money my time to train consists of 1/5th of 3/8ths of Fuck all and I would not want to start something and not put in my all.

I saw Proplanner's results and they have been carved into my brain and thus when I have the time I know where I am going.
            Buck Brannaman.

'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
            ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
              Thanks for the replies so far.

I would love to hire skip but at present just shelled out a lot of money on a new business, work full time and m trying to run another small business. Even though I could maybe find the money my time to train consists of 1/5th of 3/8ths of Fuck all and I would not want to start something and not put in my all.

I saw Proplanner's results and they have been carved into my brain and thus when I have the time I know where I am going.
              Don't forget the econo plan and/or payment options. I'm actually saving money working with him because I don't go out to eat and all the other stuff I normally do

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                Don't forget the econo plan and/or payment options. I'm actually saving money working with him because I don't go out to eat and all the other stuff I normally do
                So true. My grocery bill went down by the amount I paid Skip over the course of working with him.
                You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                  So true. My grocery bill went down by the amount I paid Skip over the course of working with him.
                  I saved money because I stopped buying supplements I didn't need.

Comment

There are no magic supplements out there. Your results using 25g of WPI or 20g WPI + 5g BCAA's are going to be the same.
                    Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!!!

Comment

Good to get the advice guys thanks for assisting me.
                      Buck Brannaman.

'Hanging' Judge PARKER

~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
                      X