Big beyond belief system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big beyond belief system

I always seem to come across this routine on forums and everyone says its great. I think the book was published in 95. Nothing but stellar reviews. I believe it's a bodybuilding routine based around the Bulgarian Olympic workout routine for strength. Anyway I decided I'm gonna bite the bullet, buy the book and give it a 12 week run exactly as its laid out sometime in the near future. Anyone ever try it, know about it ?

Just found this link of the e book when searching where to buy it used since its out of print.
    http://www.bigbeyondbelief.com/BigBe...lief-eBook.pdf

If you wanna skip the philosophy and science stuff the workout I will be running is the 6 day per week one starting on page 67
    MachMood
    Banned
    Last edited by MachMood; 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM.

Good stuff. I ran the entire 6 day per week program and really liked it. I just wasn't eating enough at the time but if your nutrition is good you should make some solid gains.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Sounds good man, I'm def gonna try it out sometime soon. Should be a fun 4 month journey. Only thing I see that might be a problem is it has not hamstring work and I won't be squatting, either hack squat or leg press
      MachMood
      Banned
      Last edited by MachMood; 05-28-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        Good stuff. I ran the entire 6 day per week program and really liked it. I just wasn't eating enough at the time but if your nutrition is good you should make some solid gains.
        For back did you do one exercise or 2 ? I'm guessing in the chart when it says back it means 1 exercise, and they prob want a rowing exercise but it doesn't say. Sucks no pulldowns

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
          Sounds good man, I'm def gonna try it out sometime soon. Should be a fun 4 month journey. Only thing I see that might be a problem is it has not hamstring work and I won't be squatting, either hack squat or leg press
          For back did you do one exercise or 2 ? I'm guessing in the chart when it says back it means 1 exercise, and they prob want a rowing exercise but it doesn't say. Sucks no pulldowns
          Where does it say no pulldowns...at least I couldn't find that. I believe I added in some hammy work.
          mentalflex
          ISOM Winner February 2012
          Last edited by mentalflex; 05-28-2013, 06:15 PM.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

The numbers in parenthesis are sets, choose the exercises you want, you could do rowing one day, pulldowns another, and deads another. If you look hard enough you can find it without paying. Shelby used it with great success waaaay back

Comment

Please keep a journal! I'm interested in following along. Frequency looks insane.

Comment

Well it eays one back exercise and the reps are ramped throughout the week so im assuming I should keep the same exercise. Also the ramping is there to over work the muscle , Domt think that would,work if I switch from rowing to pulldowns

Comment

Well it eays one back exercise and the reps are ramped throughout the week so im assuming I should keep the same exercise. Also the ramping is there to over work the muscle , Domt think that would,work if I switch from rowing to pulldowns
                  Do what Robb said. Different exercises on different days. Don't over complicate it....

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Ya that's prob what ill do. Either that or jut do 2 back exercises in the rep ranges. On days it says 3 sets for back ill do 2 rows and 2 pulldowns, on days of 4 sets ill do 2 pulldowns and 3 rows. On days of 5 sets 3 and 3. Idk ill see what I come up with. Rows on the heavy no pulldowns on the higher rep stuff should work perfect. I def need thickness more then width so ill prob do a pulldown once a week on the highest rep range and go heavy with rows

Comment

Originally posted by dice77 View Post
                      Please keep a journal! I'm interested in following along. Frequency looks insane.
                      Ill def keep a journal where I outline my exact routine and show it. Unfortunately I'm not the guy to write down every workout nd update every day.once or twice a week with notes on progression, weights, pics, etc. it's not gonna be for about 2-3 months as I'm trying to drop some B/F right now

Comment

Here's a thread they talk abt exercise selection and rotation. I'm gonna do what's reccomended there and just do 3 different exercises for the 3 days and keep them the same through out the entire program

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...elief_program_
                        EXERCISE SELECTION IS TOWARDS THE MIDDLE

Comment

just printed up a template of this...looks interesting will read thru it in the next few days
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

^ ya it looks pretty cool to try out. The only thing I will be changing is adding in direct hamstring work on the day you work thighs. If you decide to run the program def read that thread, its 40 pages long and answers EVERYTHING. The 2 main questions one is left with after reading the book is do I keep the same exercise every day or rotate, and do I keep Weignt steady for the given rep range or lower it. There's 2 ways to do the Weignt. Lets say the day calls for 3 sets of 12-15. The first option is pick a Weignt you know you can Do 12 reps 3 times. Then next week shoot for 14, and once your at 3 sets of 15 increase weight. The other way is pick a Weignt you go to absolute failure, and If u Don't think u can get the bittom rep rsnge the next set lower the weight . And lower again if u have to. What i would do is pick a weignt think you can do at the top of the rep range 1 shy of failure. as you go reps drop off due to fstige but as long as ur still in the range your good. if u dont think yourmgonna make the reps lower weight .As far as exercise rotation most guys in that thread have 3 different exercises for the week BUT ALWAYS KEEP THE SAME EXERCISE FOR THAT DAY OF THE WEEK. So If you start for bench on your momday high rep days keep it there the entire time so You can progress
                            MachMood
                            Banned
                            Last edited by MachMood; 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Here's my take, in general.

Last year, I looked over all of Costa's programs and settled on Titan Training, as it seemed to be (per his testimony, of course b/c it was the latest version) the best program and most reasonable (or close to it) in terms of permitting recovery.

The other programs (like BBB) seemed (for me) like training volume overkill, if you take the sets to failure (or stop on the last rep you can).

I did Titan Training, as best I could tell he was suggesting, training abso-fucking-lutely full tilt, for a 12 week cycle (8 weeks of the main program) and absolutely decimated myself. I was indeed truly overtrained (took several months to recover - this was more than over-reaching), but that journey gave me some fresh ideas (and allowed me to go past my boundaries).

That experience gave me some ideas for Fortitude Training, however. (And NO, It's not ready, for those who would ask and/or PM. You guys will know for sure when it is.) There were simply too many undescribed aspects of the TT program for me, e.g., failure points in muscle rounds and that sort of thing.

As far as the BBB program, I've yet to see anyone (I scoured the web), or at least recall any pics of anyone right now, who had what I considered an impressive physique that they would attribute to the program. There were a lot of guys who wanted to try it, and a few logs that petered out, but that was it, from my recollection.

Kingpeon, for example, over on pro muscle, recently replied to me in a thread where he said BBB was the perfect program. He has a TON of posts over there on BBB, so I'd look there for info. IT was quite helpful, as he's in pretty much every thread on the topic. I asked to see what it had done for him physique wise and he eventually stopped responding to my inquiries, because he was too modest (even for body only shots).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...-belief-8.html

So, the "perfect" program would say a LOT to me. If John Meadows said he had the "perfect" program, and posted any of his recent pics, I'd not argue - "perfect" is a matter of opinion, I'd say and he looks ridiculous, so that adjective would make sense. If you can find some pics of monsters who became monsters (not Shelby as that was years ago for him, although I think it did work - I've not seem him talk a ton about it) on BBB, I'd love to seem them. Basically, some evidence of the program, ala DC in the early days would be awesome.

Machmood, I'd actually like to see what your physique looks like, to be honest. (Sorry if yo've posted pics / stats and I've not seen them.) In working with folks for so long now, these sorts of threads come across as almost worthless without the context of the individual inquiring. It would be like me trying write a diet and program for someone without any lifting stats, training history, body weight, pictures and/or body fat estimates... (Kinda silly.)

-S
                              The Book Has Arrived!
                              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
                              X