Something I'm gonna try for biceps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I'm gonna try for biceps

So after messing around with my bicep training I've decided I'm going to try out something new. Long story short I am going to try and combine "going heavy" with hypertrophy, kinda like a drop set. Here's how one set would go. Pick a big movement like long bar curls. Pick a weight you can do 6-8 reps. Once you've done the 6-8 reps have Dumbells next to you and bust out a set of 10-12 standing bicep curls or something like pulley curls. This put you in the 15-20 rep range yet you've done very heavy lifting and gotten blood in the muscle. Will it improve my arms, who knows but something I'm gonan give a go with

Edit: I'm gonna do this for my first exercise then for the next few do straight sets in the 10-15 range. Just thought this would be a good way to start off the workout. I've noticed going heavy doesnt do much as far as bicep growth for me, but still think it can be beneficial if tweaked.
    Last edited by MachMood; 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM.

This reminds me of Cybergenics workouts. This isn't a put down either. It really wasn't a bad routine. I would switch up exercises every so often or switch routines. My only criticism is that I'm not a fan of going heavy on the first exercise for arm work. Every now and then might be fine, but eventually that may aggravate the joint. With that said doing a decent warm up, using good form, and a moderate rep cadence might keep that from happening.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Everything will work as long as you stay progressive..
      For me biceps growt has never been about reps, but more on exercise selection etc.

Maybe i misread, but are you doing more biceps in one workout than the two listed above? If so, maybe youre barking up the wrong tree posting it here?

Comment

Yeah, I just realized where he posted this. Definitely not DC. If you are doing DC stay with the plan and be progressive with your weights.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I'm talking non dc training

Comment

Working...