Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Coated Death

http://preventdisease.com/news/12/03...-Disease.shtml

I would agree with a lot of this including the omega 6s, as well.

HOWEVER, it is very important to understand that carbohydrate is NOT evil and will NOT cause health issues when you are depleted and can use the glucose. It is only when there is an overabundance that your body has no use for and can't store as glycogen.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for chiming in, Skip!
      I think that this article is directed more towards the average people that aren't much involed in physical activities. Nevertheless, I've found some interesting conclusions... which I won't elaborate on right now because of the language barrier... (I'd have to consult my dictionairy a lot)

Comment

Agreed. I just threw that in there because I have actually taken more than a few questions about whether Skiploading was healthy based on the high processed carb intake.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          Agreed. I just threw that in there because I have actually taken more than a few questions about whether Skiploading was healthy based on the high processed carb intake.

Skip
          No problem ! I figured that out...

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
            Glad you did. Most people I tell about Skip-loading question how healthy it is.lol They prefer to eat sweet potato, oats and brown rice every day instead.:juggle:
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              Glad you did. Most people I tell about Skip-loading question how healthy it is.lol They prefer to eat sweet potato, oats and brown rice every day instead.:juggle:
              And if they simply prefer that, that is fine. I just don't like when people infer that it is unhealthy. That is ignorance.

Skip

Comment

Layne Norton has an interesting take on this all here. He claims (which makes sense, and I would probably agree with) that it's more about the ratio of Fiber/Sugar, and Omega 6/Omega 3 then totally excluding those things from your diet...

He talks about it some here http://www.youtube.com/v/G6H2edyPLU8?fs=1&autoplay=1

I am very thankful for people like Skip, Layne, Martin Berkham (sp?) who got me to finally think outside of the normal dogmatic approach to nutrition.
                -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

There is probably truth to that but I still say that omega 6s can't really be eliminated, anyway. We get so much of them through a bodybuilding diet that the ratio of 6s to 3s is so out of whack, anyway, that supplementing 6s just has never made sense to me, personally.

I like Layne - always have - even though we don't agree on everything.

Skip

Comment

I think this is the key comment :

When your full cells reject the extra glucose, blood sugar rises producing more insulin and the glucose converts to stored fat.

As skip said, if your cells aren't full, the extra glucose will not be rejected.
                    "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

Working...
                    X