PWO Carb: grape juice, dextrose, malto, waxy, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWO Carb: grape juice, dextrose, malto, waxy, etc

I've been using grape juice for millions of years now for my PWO shake mixed with some protein. in the past i have read that dextrose/malto combo was the best, but i did not want to go hunt for too many supps when i was younger, and thus stuck with grape juice.

now, what is the best option consensus for PWO carbs? i know malto is a complex carb so i am not sure why we would want that PWO. not sure when/why waxy maize came about either.

i ask now since i noticed getting some dextrose/etc is much cheaper in terms of overall carbs compared to grape juice. and we have truenutrition to thank

i will be using this primarily for PWO, but if it has other benefits such as combining with amino acids, bcaa, etc then please let me know.

also, are the three just sweet and no other taste?

I would think you'll get a million different answers for this. It seems MOST people agree carbs are good PWO, it gets hairy when u start to say which ones.

Comment

malto is just complex by chemical compound. It spikes insulin almost as much as dextrose. As far as bodybuilding wise, it is the same, IMO.

Comment

well why do you guys select your specific carb for pwo? maybe that's a better q

Comment

Rice and steak are your best post workout out option IMO. Now if you have the time and energy to divulge into what is your best option for supplements it's like Mach said there evidence to support all of them. If grape juice had been working for you for so long I don't think waxy or malto will make any difference. So with that being said choose the cheapest route and forget the rest. I would say waxy or Karboload would be your best option as far as digestion goes.
          How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Pancakes with real Maple Syrup washed down with BCAA's
            Discount code BDM999
            By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

I've tried all sorts of combinations and never really found much difference at all. The only thing that ever seemed to matter was high- versus low-GI. That is, I felt better eating sugary things after lifting than I did eating slower-digesting things after lifting.

So now I just pick some sugary, low-fat things to eat with a whey shake after lifting, then have a normal meal like 1-2 hours after that.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

I've been doing cereal + chocolate protein shake as the milk.

I think I'm going to try spaghetti next.
                Max Muscle
                5020 Katella Ave.
                Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                  I've been doing cereal + chocolate protein shake as the milk.

I think I'm going to try spaghetti next.
                  I've been doing quite well with actual-sugar soda + Pop-Tarts. :fart:
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Anything that is easy to digest and causes and insulin spike works pretty well.

MG's powdered muscle mix is the way to go for me.
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Have been trying some POM juisce with Karboload. Doesn't sit right with me. Feel like th ejuice is too "heavy". lol Just doing Karboload only and liking it.
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I like Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms with a Whey Shake. Pretty much the best PWO snack ever.

To answer your question, I have never found much of a difference in any type of carb. I do prefer something very sugary or fast digesting however, as it creates a nice insulin spike and leaves you hungry for a PWO whole food meal soon after.
                        "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

i guess i'll try dextrose then, to keep a budget. just tastes sweet right? i loved the grape juice but its cost gets high and mixing grape juice with chocolate or coffee flavored whey gives a funky tastes sometimes o_o

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                            i guess i'll try dextrose then, to keep a budget. just tastes sweet right? i loved the grape juice but its cost gets high and mixing grape juice with chocolate or coffee flavored whey gives a funky tastes sometimes o_o
                            U could always buy cereal bars or low fat poptarts that are on sale at the grocery store.
                            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

still can't beat the 400+g of carbs per 1.5-2$ from Truenutrition though

malto is complex and it still makes no sense to me why people use that PWO

Comment

Working...
                              X