X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Review: BSN Lean Dessert Protein

http://www.bsnonline.net/details/lea...rtprotein.html

Why I bought it:
    I ran out of my usual True Nutrition stuff and re-ordered too late.

Price:
    ≈ $33 for 1.38 pounds

Review:
    Shit.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

It's not even fair to compare truenutrition to most products. It's a sin to not re-up your whey stores before you run out!

Last week I ran out too.. Had to use GNC whey isolate that cost me 16$ per pound.. It was 3x the carbs per serving too :/
    :preach:

Comment

The only non-True Nutrition protein powder I'd use is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey. I remember reading somewhere that by law ingredients have to be listed in the order of which they're most prevalent. If that's true then there is more isolate than concentrate in that product. I personally notice no stomach discomfort, bloating etc considering there is whey concentrate in it. By comparison their Pro Complex protein is a nightmare for my stomach as is Gaspari's Myofusion. One time I bought Gaspari's Intra Pro which is supposed to be an ultra-filtered whey isolate; there's no way it is. The texture of the powder and the stomach discomfort were just as bad as Myofusion.

Anyway, based on the ingredients in Lean Dessert I would say your review of it being shit is accurate.

Comment

I once bought a tub of it, and it did indeed taste like crap. The old chocolate Syntha 6 flavor was a hell of a lot better, but now it also tastes like crap.

Comment

I tried Syntha 6 really upset my stomach....I'm sensitive to lactose and i reacted to syntha like it was all whey concentrate. I tossed it.
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Honestly the stuff tastes OK, but nothing in the world could justify the exorbitant price.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

I have to do WPI or I get the shiiiixxxts. Big time. Anything with lactose give me the worst gas you have ever smelled. BUT, nothing tore up my stomach more than BEEF PROTEIN ISOLATE. I am not kidding when I say it looked like chocolate milk going down and one hour later looked like chocolate milk firing out of my bunghole. That stuff was undigestable!
                Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Working...
                X