Deload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deload?

I have been training every day for the past 40 days straight with pretty high volume. I am taking a break from lifting for the next 5 days due to studying for final exams.

How much volume should I do for my "deload"? Here's what I was thinking

Day 1: Off
    Day 2: 5 sets of inverted rows to failure, 5 sets of pull-ups to failure
    Day 3: 5 sets of pushups to failure
    Day 4: Bodyweight squats for 30 minutes
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: Return to lifting

Is this too much for a deload phase? I'm just sticking to stuff that I can do in my room so I don't have to waste time going to the gym

for the record my body is pretty good at handling high volume. I eat 4000+ cals/day. Also I have decent strength for my bodyweight so the rep ranges on the above exercises will be decently high (>10)

Comment

Deload doesn't mean just do bodyweightm exercises or even train any differently then you are now. Here's are 2 popular ways to deload

1. Take a week of then just pick up where you left off
      2. Take a few days off then when you go back into training do half the volume for a few workouts. Example If your chest day is flat bench 225x10x3 then incline 185x10x3 then 2 sets of flies try something like 135x10x3 or 225x5x3 for flat bench. Then maybe 1 or 2 light sets of incline and skip flys

Comment

Your making it pretty complicated then what it needs to be.

1. Take the entire week off and do cardio.

Or

2. Go in get a nice pump and leave without going to failure.

Skip has posted this a couple times.

Comment

Just take the week off and do nothing, it will be just as or more productive then what you have up there.
          If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
          http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
          2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
          2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Wow, that is one tough de-load your planning.
            "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
            Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
            'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
            ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
            X