• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/3/1 - Rest Pause

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...week_challenge
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Well..... what do you have to say about it?
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      It's basic and don't see why it couldn't work for a change of pace but as Jim said it's still a work in progress. I'd rather see a 3 day or 4 day per week routine like the DC 3 way split. Who knows, give her a shot. R/P assistance stuff can't hurt I know someone will blast him for R/P'ing bench

Comment

Beat me to it. I was just about to post it as well.

Everyone loves to talk about accessory work and especially combining rest pausing and 5/3/1. If you're gonna do it, do it the way Jim prescribes.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

saw this today too, two great coaches/programs with tons of experience and real world experience and success in the trenches but idk about combining these. why would you want to? this just seems like more OCD, i need something more and new type of mentality behind this program, just what t-nation readers need. imo these programs are better suited at different times of the year so you can fully reap the benefits of each individual program. and when used separately, these programs compliment each beautifully, you gain the strength and experience under the bar with 5/3/1 and move to DC when 5/3/1 starts to go stale

Comment

If one was to try this though, i would agree with wendlers recommended just 2Xper week, especially for an experienced lifter because your gonna need that extra recovery considering how taxing a 5/3/1 strength progression is on your body combined with how intense a true working DC set is

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
              It's basic and don't see why it couldn't work for a change of pace but as Jim said it's still a work in progress. I'd rather see a 3 day or 4 day per week routine like the DC 3 way split. Who knows, give her a shot. R/P assistance stuff can't hurt I know someone will blast him for R/P'ing bench
              Yeah... I'm not on T-nation but I might just make a profile for that reason lol

Aside from that, setting it up for two days per week will allow for enough recovery, and this could be a really good program. But he doesn't have any variation to the RP scheme, it seems they are all pretty high rep range RP sets...
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Never tried 5/3/1 personally. Looks interesting nevertheless. Thought the guys here would find it interesting as well...

Comment

Let's see... Squatting, deadlifting, benching, and pressing heavy each once a week combined with the most grueling, trying, and draining form of accessory work? Yeah, sounds great.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                    Let's see... Squatting, deadlifting, benching, and pressing heavy each once a week combined with the most grueling, trying, and draining form of accessory work? Yeah, sounds great.
                    Sammich, but let's look at this realistically...how many people do you think are going to do the RP sets correctly and with the true intensity of DC training? It will give the folks over there something to try to make them push a little harder than normal, but I highly doubt the majority will train with the true intensity of DC.

EDIT: and like the asshole I am, i went on T-nation and said that flat BB bench pressing was a poor choice. I don't think I can do the livespill thing at work so commented in their forums.
                    Last edited by mentalflex; 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I don't like it. What brought me over to this site, was DC training, so I have read all about it. But it led me to what I really needed and that was 5/3/1. But trying to combine them doesn't really work for me. I think you could do some iso work and R/P it, like barbell curls or tri ext, or press downs. But not the main lifts.

Comment

If I recall , I think "Future" also tried to combine Powerlifting and DC/Rest-Pause some time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                          If I recall , I think "Future" also tried to combine Powerlifting and DC/Rest-Pause some time ago...
                          He did. BTW, has anyone heard from him? Hope all is well with Shawn.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

He did. BTW, has anyone heard from him? Hope all is well with Shawn.
                            I think he's training at Metroflex-PHX. Saw it on FB, but it could have just been a clinic.
                            Last edited by TLopez; 04-22-2013, 02:18 PM.
                            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

He is on the come back trail for the USPA Nationals and is killing it, hopefully he stays healthy because he's going to be right up there in the 275's with Eric Lilliebridge and Stan E. Not to say better but he's in the mix

Comment

Working...
                              X