my review: bowflex revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my review: bowflex revolution

My garage gym consists of the following: olympic bars and wts, power rack, vertical smith, free motion legs press, pec dec, lat machine, heavy bag, speed bag and added not that long ago was a bowflex revolution. I was looking for a functional trainer type of cable machine (something like the free motion one that has the multiple position arms) and I had tried a revolution years before once and it had the type of flexability I wanted....and I found one at a GREAT price (way cheaper than I could ever get a functional trainer for) so I picked it up let me say that it is THE BEST home gym ever made! This is not the power rod bowflex. This machine uses "plates" that have bands wrapping the inside and then has an internal cam....the result is linear resistance. From begining to lock out the resistance stays pretty much the same. The model I got is the XP, its not the one I would prefer but still is fantastic. I can honestly say that all my pressing and arm work has been done on g this machine, it did not come with the lat tower so I have still been doing pulldowns. Though the wt is linear it is also underestimated. 200 on the machine is heavier than 200 on a cable machine. The total resistance IS limited BUT you can get 360 in it (the xp that is, the standard one would be 20lbs heavier) but as I said-360 on this is "heavier" than 360 on any cable machine. Tou can train as explosively as you want with no concern about momentum...you can not generate any momentum which makes it supirior to any cable machine OR EVEN DBs if you ask me. I really just can not talk highly enough about the thing. I am going to be selling off some stuff and just keeping my rack, wts and getting a new standard revolution workouts will only be deads, some times dips and chins and then just the revolution. No I ain't getting paid by them...lol.
    They are NOT cheap but if anyone was looking for a home gym as either a main piece or just to use when they can't make it to the gym.... I would get the revolution before anything else...including a barbell!! Yup I know, I'm crazy...lol but try one before you say I am wrong. I am not some light training soccer dad. I train heavy and bust my ass and the machine IS that good.

Now go ahead and rip...but if ya do I bet you have not used one.

Peace ;-D
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Sorry, that was not typed as one paragraph...don't know why that happened.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

looking forward to your review on shakeweight

Comment

I think you'd have to have made yourself look really good or be really strong on this thing before it makes any sense for you to recommend it over something that's been doing both for generations (the barbell).

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
          looking forward to your review on shakeweight
          rofl!
          Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
          BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Yes cause I am a small small man lacking in size and strength. ...lol

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
              Yes cause I am a small small man lacking in size and strength. ...lol
              judging by your av you should wait at least 10 years before lifting...

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                judging by your av you should wait at least 10 years before lifting...
                More like 15-16

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

You are not advanced enough to try Bowflex training, I would start with a nice 5x5 program and build up your strength and intensity before even attempting to mess with the Bowflex system.
                  "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                    You are not advanced enough to try Bowflex training, I would start with a nice 5x5 program and build up your strength and intensity before even attempting to mess with the Bowflex system.
                    The first reply that makes sense.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                    X