Coffee drinkers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee drinkers!

Just getting into this coffee thing and have been trying different kinds of blends. I've tried Colombian (nasty) breakfast blends, morning blends, plain Jane blends. None of them have a real good taste. Any suggestions?
    I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Sweetener lol I don't drink coffee, but when I do, its lots of sugar/sweetener to get rid of the coffee taste haha
    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Like alcohol, it's an acquired taste.
      -KidRok-
      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I see no point in drinking coffee if it is mucked up by half a cup of sugar and cream.

Black is the way to go (that's what she said!) and like KidRock said it's an acquired taste but my favorite way now. I occasionally use a splash of flavored creamer but by splash I mean a teaspoon sized amount.

I never used to understand how people, "needed" their coffee first thing in the morning. However now I genuinely look forward to having it while I peruse the news in the morning.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

For me it's just something I never started to drink. When I did, I didn't really like it, and to put enough sugar/sweetener in it to enjoy it kind of defeated the purpose of drinking it, like you said.

I did drink it when I worked midnights though, the caffeine and sugar really helped staying awake lol. I would only have one on the first break though, if I had one at 4 am then I wouldn't be able to fall asleep till almost 10-11 in the morning.
          Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
          BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

I drink my coffee black and like the darker roasts.

I recently had the Starbucks Reserve West Java (from Indonesia) and it was really good. But typically we just get Trader Joes Italian Roast or Espresso Blend.

Also, I suggest getting a French Press - makes a much fuller/richer cup of coffee.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
            2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
            2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
            2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
              Also, I suggest getting a French Press - makes a much fuller/richer cup of coffee.
              French press is the way to go along with grinding your own coffee beans.
              Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
                Using one of those, by far makes the best tasting coffee :tea:
                Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

question for you coffee drinkers:

I like coffee mostly for the stimulant effects. Currently I drink 1 cup/day and that is enough for me to get something out of it. How long does it take to build up a tolerance to the point where I will start to need more? How do I avoid this and keep my body sensitive to its effects?

I know some people that drink 4-5 cups/day no problem

Comment

Originally posted by bmp View Post
                    question for you coffee drinkers:

I like coffee mostly for the stimulant effects. Currently I drink 1 cup/day and that is enough for me to get something out of it. How long does it take to build up a tolerance to the point where I will start to need more? How do I avoid this and keep my body sensitive to its effects?

I know some people that drink 4-5 cups/day no problem
                    What exactly are you looking to "get out of it"? If you want a cup drink a cup, if you want 5 drink 5...drink too much for too long and you'll have withdrawal headaches when you stop completely..do whatever floats your boat :-)
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I like Smooth coffee..(fiance buys it and sticks it in the coffee barrel so I dont know the brand!) I have mine with all Milk and no water.

I have a coffee machine at home and everybody loves it when they come round...shame ive never used it!

Comment

You can never have too much Coffee imo

Comment

I love Illy coffee. Not sure if you can get it in America.

Comment

I started drinking coffee about a year ago to help with cravings since my work provides unlimited quantities for free (Starbucks Medium Roast).

Even though I usually go for decaf, I have become addicted to it. I actually wish I hadn't started now. I'll usually have it black or with cinnamon/stevia/unsweetened cocoa powder.

I plan on stopping altogether relatively soon so I don't keep increasing my tolerance level.
                            Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Comment

Originally posted by melkor1 View Post
                              I love Illy coffee. Not sure if you can get it in America.
                              we got it! :tea:
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X