Smoothie shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothie shop?

I posted awhile back about opening a fitness studio.... and got great feedback.

I want to add in a smoothie or health smoothie type bar to the place. Small, but nice. I have had herbalife shakes before and they were okay, but I thought way overpriced. Any other brands out there you guys have had luck with, taste and quality wise?

-Ryan
    Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

a friend of mine has several "smoothie king" stores in our town. tastes pretty damn good, and he makes decent i assume.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Buy ultramet by Champion Nutrition. I sell shakes out of my gym. 1 packet ultramet and then add things depending on the desired shake (bananas, berries, peanut butter, gatoraid). Trust me no other powders taste as good and will sell as well as these. I literally can't meet demand each day because I have other things to do than make shakes for members all day lol.

P.S. I am a loooong time reader of this board I just have no reason to post here. I posted because this info will help you out if you decide to go down the shake route. Just before you think I am a rep for CN lol.

Comment

Umm,
        why not check out the "TrueNutrition" stuff? You could get an assortment pack of the premium flavors....?
        2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
        2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
        2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
        1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
        1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
        1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
        1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
        + more

Comment

the best smoothies i've ever had involved peanut butter and ranch

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
            Umm,
            why not check out the "TrueNutrition" stuff? You could get an assortment pack of the premium flavors....?
            Was checking that out last night. Which would be a good MRP?

Or should I go a custom mix I choose and do a few flavors to go in with other add ins (fresh fruit, pb, etc....)
            Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

My Golds I train at has their own protein shake bar...A lot of different types and they show the nutrition...they charge $5-7 each.
              2005 HOA Natural Classic
              2006 OCB Midwest
              2007 ABA Natural Illinois
              2008 HOA Natural Classic
              NPC Mid-Illinois
              NPC Midwest Open
              NPC Natural Grand Prix
              2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
              USPA Illinois State
              NGA Heart of America
              NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by rynobull View Post
                Was checking that out last night. Which would be a good MRP?

Or should I go a custom mix I choose and do a few flavors to go in with other add ins (fresh fruit, pb, etc....)
                Team Skip or the Mega Mix protein blend and/or the Mega Mix MRP are solid IMO
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I was in a place in Massachusettes(sp) that was called "Lo Fat, No Fat". They had a health food section with supplements of all kinds and a place to eat where you could get anything you wanted from food to shakes

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                    Team Skip or the Mega Mix protein blend and/or the Mega Mix MRP are solid IMO
                    I thought that might be a good one. Then have "Boosters" or something like that where you can add supplements to the shake such as BCAA's, or glutamine, arginine, NO2...etc...

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by rynobull View Post
                      I thought that might be a good one. Then have "Boosters" or something like that where you can add supplements to the shake such as BCAA's, or glutamine, arginine, NO2...etc...
                      Sounds like a solid idea. Good luck with your endeavor...
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Most gyms by me don't run the shake places in the gyms. They lease the space to someone else. They make some money without having the headache.
                        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                        Nicki Minaj

Comment

2 scoops whey (vanilla) and 2 scoops pb.....mmmmm

I could crush that all day

Comment

I make smoothies in one of my gyms. I buy bulk frozen fruit, peanut butter, yogurt, cups, lids, straws, flavorless whey and flavor packs. Picked up a blendtec blender for about $800. Sell the smoothies for $6 and make about $2 per smoothie. It's a great way to add a little bit of revenue if you have a small operation(this one of my gyms only has abut 300 members)

think costco, true nutrition, and a good blender.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheedno View Post
                              I make smoothies in one of my gyms. I buy bulk frozen fruit, peanut butter, yogurt, cups, lids, straws, flavorless whey and flavor packs. Picked up a blendtec blender for about $800. Sell the smoothies for $6 and make about $2 per smoothie. It's a great way to add a little bit of revenue if you have a small operation(this one of my gyms only has abut 300 members)

think costco, true nutrition, and a good blender.
                              Do any non-members buy the shakes/smoothies? I would like to attract outside health/fitness buffs to buy my shakes!

(Hell, it would be easier to throw up a "Tasty Treat" type deal and makes lots of $$$ in ice cream, flurries, sundaes.....blah blah blah. Vices sell, vices sell...... :-(

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

Working...
                              X