Bulk Leucine or eaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Leucine or eaa

So I'm cutting back in Supps and goin back to basics, pretty much just protein and Siemens stuff like gaba and 5-htp for sleep. My question is should I add just bulk Leucine to my pwo drink or bulk eaa. I've been reading a lot about the benefits of extra eaa's in your pwo drink. Any suggestions?? Is it even worth it?

Mach - before determining if adding extra EAAs or leucine would be beneficial, you need to look at how much whole protein you are getting. When you take in so many grams of EAAs from whole proteins (and even non-EAAs) adding extra leucine isn't going to further stimulate protein synthesis. The EAAs will likely get into your muscles faster to simtulate protein sysnthesis because the whole proteins need to be broken down to greater degree by the digestive system, so the EAAs would be a good option to drink intra-workout and then PWO have your whole protein (like an isolate).

I was using EAAs intra-workout for a while but have been using pepto-pro over the past two months or so and although it is a bit pricey, muscle soreness seems to be reduced.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Basically looking for something cheap for intra and to put into my pwo shake.

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
        Basically looking for something cheap for intra and to put into my pwo shake.
        Go with the EAAs and an isolate in that case. You'll get the most bang for your buck. Isolate will keep protein synthesis elevated for several hours PWO and the EAAs will get into your system quick for intra and post.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna buy some unflavored WPI and just use some Gatorade powder to flavor. I've been reading using an intra with eaa's can have huge effects on optimizing protein synthesis. Is 25g of WPI and 20g carbs enough to have this effect? Should I add in some bcaa or Eaa. All these intraworkout products have zero carbs zero protein, are the eaa's all you need, are carbs nessasary if you eat breakfast 45 minutes before training? Sorry for all the questions just alil confused what is really needed
          MachMood
          Banned
          Last edited by MachMood; 04-20-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
            Looks like I'm gonna buy some unflavored WPI and just use some Gatorade powder to flavor. I've been reading using an intra with eaa's can have huge effects on optimizing protein synthesis. Is 25g of WPI and 20g carbs enough to have this effect? Should I add in some bcaa or Eaa. All these intraworkout products have zero carbs zero protein, are the eaa's all you need, are carbs nessasary if you eat breakfast 45 minutes before training? Sorry for all the questions just alil confused what is really needed
            OK, two words to start off with. Slow. down. lol

Before answering you questions, you should re-visit Homon's Meals on Steel article: http://www.scottstevensonphd.com/Downloads.html

Once you read the article, reframe any questions you have from what you learn in the article. And keep in mind, the recovery supplement should be designed to meet your goals, not just a random mix of ingredient that work.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
            X