Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I stop feeling hungry?

Hi,

So basically it has been een roughly 11 days since I lost in the boxing nationals and I can not stop eating. Had to cut to an unhealthy 147lb at 6'1" for a few weeks in a row, had to sweat off 4lb every same day weigh in as it was impossible to reach that weight naturally.

Strength plummeted as the weeks went on and eventually I was just too weak to be a dominant force..

The day after my weigh in I was 156lb and weight has risen to 165lb where it has stabalised for the last few days of eating 3000+ a day.

I think 75kg may be a set point that my body is trying to stay at. I'm moving up two weight classes as I think performance wise it will be much wiser to do so.

Anyway, did I deplete myself that much over the last 3 months that my body just doesn't feel full regardless of how many calories, carbs I give it? I feel I could hit a Buffett twice per day and still feel hungry lol

When will things start going back to normal?

Thanks.

Ever try skiploading?
    :preach:

Comment

19 years ago I cut 10 lbs. in 2 days for a CA State wrestling tournament. I went from 108 lbs. to 98 lbs. After weigh-ins I kept the weight down because it was a 2 day tournament and there was a second weigh-in that night. After that weigh-in, I could gain as much as I wanted. I was hungry but mostly I had a thirst I felt I couldn't quench. I gained most of the weight back by morning, but still wasn't too hungry.

If your going up 2 weight classes (and it seems as if cutting isn't too difficult for you) continue to eat and train. Best of luck to you!
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Are you getting enough water too? You had to have been severely dehydrated so it's going to take some time for your body to get back to equilibrium.
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Water hasn't been too crazy, probably half a gallon + a day. Never really thought about the dehydration part as I thought I would have been hydrated 48 hours or so later, which I probably did consume quite a bit of water.

Yeah I used weekly skiploads (4 skiploads in total) to get me down in weight, bough I didn't use them to their full effect in the week leading to the fights as I wasn't to dialed in on when I would baseline and I couldn't risk it.

The abs have definitely blurred :P but I'm still roughly 8% on the caliper readings (think I'm more 10%) so I'm still in a good position bf wise. I'm going to see what I am at the end of the week.

Comment

Also running starting strength to get my strength back to where it was before it crashed. Hopefully my hormones and that come back as my libido as a 23 year old male was shocking, I've got a star girlfriend that had to put up with some shit over the last 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
              Also running starting strength to get my strength back to where it was before it crashed. Hopefully my hormones and that come back as my libido as a 23 year old male was shocking, I've got a star girlfriend that had to put up with some shit over the last 6 months.
              Buy her flowers.
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                Buy her flowers.
                Ha! I've got her a white chocolate Easter egg and I think ill add the flowers as a nice touch, thanks kidRok

Polished off 2/3's of a 16" pizza tonight with a medium size cheesecake :P

Please brain send me the signal that I'm full!!! I'm giving you all the leptin signalling foods you could possibly be given, yet you want more you greedy bastard!

Oh well it's my birthday next week so no doubt it will be a food filled event, just get a good strength session in and get some noobie prison of war starved muscle gains

Comment

sounds like you experienced the same stuff a natty bodybuilder goes through during a tough prep. I know for me it took a long time to for my body to know i was not starving anymore- once you get back to regular feedings consistently for a long time it will gradually fade away. if its only been 11 days i would imagine you'll feel completely back to normal in 2-3 weeks. just a guess though

Comment

Originally posted by Let's_Grow View Post
                    sounds like you experienced the same stuff a natty bodybuilder goes through during a tough prep. I know for me it took a long time to for my body to know i was not starving anymore- once you get back to regular feedings consistently for a long time it will gradually fade away. if its only been 11 days i would imagine you'll feel completely back to normal in 2-3 weeks. just a guess though
                    Oh without a doubt. Think I got to around 6% but I suppose that was just too low for me to personally perform at my best especially sacrificing the lean mass the way I did. Keeping it at that level week in week out while having the top boys in the country trying to knock you out catches up with you

Definitely feeling my test and shit coming back. The girl only needs to smile and the geezers rock on john!! Haha

Comment

Oh without a doubt. Think I got to around 6% but I suppose that was just too low for me to personally perform at my best especially sacrificing the lean mass the way I did. Keeping it at that level week in week out while having the top boys in the country trying to knock you out catches up with you

Definitely feeling my test and shit coming back. The girl only needs to smile and the geezers rock on john!! Haha
                      sounds like you are recovering then! the appetite thing will fade soon too. I just got my carb intake back up to 300 grams/day about 5 months after my show and im freaking stuffed right now. lol

Comment

Oh without a doubt. Think I got to around 6% but I suppose that was just too low for me to personally perform at my best especially sacrificing the lean mass the way I did.
                        Few people perform optimally that lean.
                        Try to enjoy the rebound!

Comment

Working...
                        X