Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Joe Weider

Joe Weider has just passed away.

I think most of us would agree this is one of bodybuilding's biggest loss of all time, if not the biggest.

Rest in peace Joe, thanks for bringing us the magazines, the Mr. Olympia, Arnold and more.
    Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Source?
    Julien

Comment

just saw that singerman posted it on twitter

bad week for bbing :/
      Julien

Comment

R.i.p. Sir. Thank you for all you've done for the sport.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
        2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

Originally posted by eggwhites View Post
          Joe Weider has just passed away.

I think most of us would agree this is one of bodybuilding's biggest loss of all time, if not the biggest.

Rest in peace Joe, thanks for bringing us the magazines, the Mr. Olympia, Arnold and more.
          Agree!!
          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by Zraw View Post
            Source?
            LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...,6121077.story
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Wow, it's been a rough couple days.

Comment

A massive influence, don't agree with all he did but that doesn't mean that the overall effect of Mr WEIDER wasn't great.

I still bench on a Weider set up at home.

A huge loss that will not be equalled till Arnie himself hits the grave IMO.
                "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                ~William Bernbach

Comment

When I was a kid in the late 70's and into the 80's his 'Muscle and Fitness' was about the only connection I had to hard core bodybuilding, I always liked him for that. I met him at the Mr. O in 1994 I think it was, he just happened to be getting out of his limo and got to talk to him for a couple of minutes. Seemed to be a pleasant fellow, and imo is mostly responsible for making BBing and weightlifting a part of so many lives.

RIP
                  [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                  Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Like many pioneers (e.g. Steve Jobs), I may not have liked how they conducted business when I got old enough to understand "the game", but their life's work certainly impacted me. Weider definitely took bodybuilding to another level that's for sure.
                    Discount TRUE PROTEIN CODE: DND849
                    get
                    5% off all purchases, and up to 10% off BIG orders at http://<span style="font-size:20px">...ein.com</span>
                    !

Comment

RIP Joe.

Love him or hate him... his influence on the sport cannot be denied.
                      I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Hard to envision what BBing would look like today if Joe hadn't been around.

Comment

Working...
                        X