Change exercises or routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change exercises or routine?

I have been using the same exercises for the past 16 weeks. However, I have stalled on most of my upper body exercises for the past 4-6 weeks. My lower body has still been progressing, which makes me think that maybe I'm not overtraining, maybe I just need to switch up the upper body exercises.

Do you think I should just switch the exercises and try and progress on new movements, or perhaps try switching the entire structure of the program for something lower volume (perhaps lift 3 days/week, maybe do sprints/jumping on a fourth day).

Currently train 5 days/week, high volume. usually takes me 90 min per session

Day1: Upper Body Power
    Day2: Lower Body Power
    Day3: Off
    Day4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Day5: Legs Hypertrophy
    Day6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
    Day7: Off

Days 1 and 2 are lower volume but heavy weights, trying to set PR's. Days 4-6 are more muscle building in the sense as opposed to Days 1 and 2 where I'm trying to add weight to movements on days 4-6 I am more focused on isolating the target muscle using perfect form on the exercises.

Originally posted by bmp View Post
    I have been using the same exercises for the past 16 weeks. However, I have stalled on most of my upper body exercises for the past 4-6 weeks. My lower body has still been progressing, which makes me think that maybe I'm not overtraining, maybe I just need to switch up the upper body exercises.

Do you think I should just switch the exercises and try and progress on new movements, or perhaps try switching the entire structure of the program for something lower volume (perhaps lift 3 days/week, maybe do sprints/jumping on a fourth day).

Currently train 5 days/week, high volume. usually takes me 90 min per session

Day1: Upper Body Power
    Day2: Lower Body Power
    Day3: Off
    Day4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Day5: Legs Hypertrophy
    Day6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
    Day7: Off

Days 1 and 2 are lower volume but heavy weights, trying to set PR's. Days 4-6 are more muscle building in the sense as opposed to Days 1 and 2 where I'm trying to add weight to movements on days 4-6 I am more focused on isolating the target muscle using perfect form on the exercises.
    Change your rep ranges, deload, check your diet, many variables going on there

Comment

Working...
    X