cheap bulk foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap bulk foods

What are foods that are good for putting on weight that are cheap as i am on a budget thanks

Rice, beans, quinoa, ground beef, eggs, milk.

Go.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

oats and sweet potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by noexcuse View Post
        oats and sweet potatoes
        Good call. Oats are damn near free, and microwave ready yams are 10 for $10 at my grocery store.

Comment

I think rice might be as cheap as you can get...maybe that or potatoes for carbs. If you buy oats in bulk they are also crazy cheap.

Buy meats in large quantities and freeze them. See if you can find a local butcher or meat wholesaler that will give you a hookup.

Get nuts in bulk. Olive oil is a cheap addition to a meal or shake for kcals.

If you have room for a small garden you can some a good bit of money on fruits and veggies and can be sure they are covered in pesticides and crap.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

My boxers have nuts in bulk.

Boom!

Comment

Where do you get oats in bulk? I've spent a fortune buying oats at 2$/tub
              :preach:

Comment

Any diet plan fromall that?

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                  My local HyVee (grocery) has the ones you scoop out of a bin and buy by weight. Whole Foods has em too.

I've also bought the ginormous box of Quaker Oats at Costco for under $10. Lasts FOR EV ER.

Comment

You can get a massive thing of oats at costco. But if you check in the bulk food section of major grocery stores you can find them. They are usually in big bins and you just weight it all out.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Okay awesome, thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. I need to get out of my college town just to go buy bulk food haha.
                      :preach:

Comment

Okay awesome, thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. I need to get out of my college town just to go buy bulk food haha.
                        Liftweights, you're still in college, right?

Give this one a try (it worked for me to save $$$) if you are on a meal plan where you have a set number of meals (at my school it was mandatory to have a meal plan until you moved off campus, so I did this for 1 1/2 years)....Hit the cafe either right at the start of a meal period or at the end (or anytime when it is not overly crowded) and bring some ziplock bags. Stuff the baggies with chicken breasts, hardboiled eggs (most schools have these), throw in some fruits, fill them up with oats, and anything else that you eat. If a xiplock bag doesn't work, use some tupperware. My school had an omellete station where you could make them yourself so I would make three omelletes at a time. Have one then, and save two for later stored in tupperware.

These are just a few little things that made my life easier...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          Liftweights, you're still in college, right?

Give this one a try (it worked for me to save $$$) if you are on a meal plan where you have a set number of meals (at my school it was mandatory to have a meal plan until you moved off campus, so I did this for 1 1/2 years)....Hit the cafe either right at the start of a meal period or at the end (or anytime when it is not overly crowded) and bring some ziplock bags. Stuff the baggies with chicken breasts, hardboiled eggs (most schools have these), throw in some fruits, fill them up with oats, and anything else that you eat. If a xiplock bag doesn't work, use some tupperware. My school had an omellete station where you could make them yourself so I would make three omelletes at a time. Have one then, and save two for later stored in tupperware.

These are just a few little things that made my life easier...
                          how do you not get caught??

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                            how do you not get caught??
                            "It's OK....I have a meal plan." Smile and walk away

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Peanut Butter
                              How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Working...
                              X