Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's On Your Supp Menu?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's On Your Supp Menu?

    I know this is covered, but I like to see what people are using, liking, hating, whatever as their training progresses. I'll leave protein out, since we're all taking it.

    What are you using, when, and how do you like it?

    Orange Triad Multi-AM/PM
    USP Super Cissus-AM/PM. I freakin love this stuff. No joint issues at all since I've started using it.
    Fish Oil-3x/day Dunno, Skip told me to.
    Instantized EAA-Pre/Intra training. I train fasted in the AM, so these seem to help me keep gas in the tank.
    Augment-Pre workout

    I also throw in some Leucine and creatine post WO and through the day when I remember, which is probably less often than I should.

    Does Aleve count as a supp?
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

  • #2
    Something that I've been playing around with intra-workout is pepto-pro. For a while I was just using EAAs and BCAAs as the amino acid component of my intra-workout to alleviate any GI discomfort, however over the past 6 weeks or so reduced the EAA content and added in pepto-pro. Although this is far from being a scientific study, I have noticed that for one, recovery has been a little better as determined by DOMS and strength increases seen from workout to workout. To be nearing the end of a blast and on a number of exercises still be able to make big jumps in pounds or reps was something to be noted. I can't say pepto-pro was primarily responsible, but I do think it improved recovery. And secondly, a huge factor for me, is I did not experience any GI issues with the pepto-pro.

    So that is just something that I found interesting from my personal experience. We are going to make some little adjustments to the intra-workout this coming blast to see if we can eek out some additional gains (these are secrets I will keep closely guarded ).
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

    Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

    2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Something that I've been playing around with intra-workout is pepto-pro. For a while I was just using EAAs and BCAAs as the amino acid component of my intra-workout to alleviate any GI discomfort, however over the past 6 weeks or so reduced the EAA content and added in pepto-pro. Although this is far from being a scientific study, I have noticed that for one, recovery has been a little better as determined by DOMS and strength increases seen from workout to workout. To be nearing the end of a blast and on a number of exercises still be able to make big jumps in pounds or reps was something to be noted. I can't say pepto-pro was primarily responsible, but I do think it improved recovery. And secondly, a huge factor for me, is I did not experience any GI issues with the pepto-pro.

      So that is just something that I found interesting from my personal experience. We are going to make some little adjustments to the intra-workout this coming blast to see if we can eek out some additional gains (these are secrets I will keep closely guarded ).
      What other things (besides pepto-pro or supps) do you feel added to your recovery?
      TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
        What other things (besides pepto-pro or supps) do you feel added to your recovery?
        Are you talking about nutritionally or supplements or training or lifestyle?

        I don't want this thread to go off track, so I'll just list some of the basic supplements...
        -MD's GDA - I love this product. I feel like a can eat more carbs and not turn into a fatass
        -D3 - staple
        -Glutamine - Always used it, always will
        -Creatine - Same as above
        -karboload - awesome intra-workout
        -Probiotics and digestive enzymes - better digestion = better nutrient assimilation
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Forgot glutamine, will look into pepto-pro. Interesting supplement from my brief research.

          Can you expound on the GDA a little bit? Hows, whys, etc? I'm not familiar with it.
          You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
            Forgot glutamine, will look into pepto-pro. Interesting supplement from my brief research.

            Can you expound on the GDA a little bit? Hows, whys, etc? I'm not familiar with it.
            Rather than me telling you about it, you can get your info right from JM himself

            Here is a thread on Pro Muscle where John talks about it: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...tml#post998960

            and it is mentioned in these threads: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...glucose&page=2

            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44420
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

            Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

            2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

            Comment


            • #7
              Question on the PeptoPro-does it taste any better than regular hydrolyzed casein? Or is it a "chug it & shiver" situation too?

              Thanks for the links, reading now.
              You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow. A GDA sounds like a great addition to my current protocol. I'm slowly adding in carbs to try and maintain weight (I guess it's a recomp) while gaining strength.

                This sure as hell won't hurt. I'm glad you mentioned it, thanks!
                You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                  Question on the PeptoPro-does it taste any better than regular hydrolyzed casein? Or is it a "chug it & shiver" situation too?

                  Thanks for the links, reading now.
                  I actually haven't had it straight...it is always mixed in with some other things that would mask any funky taste. It does mix up easy and seems to go well with citrus flavors, which I think cover up the bitter/sourness that one would experience with a hydrolyzed casein (I have not had regular hydrolyzed casein so can't compare and am just going off what others have said). The consistency is very watery and I add crystal lite lemonade to the drink because I like sour tasting stuff.

                  I wanted to try it because hell, if you don't try it for yourself, how can you make a true judgement? I'm actually all out right now and just ordered more in orange creamsicle flavor so I'll let you know what I think.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                  Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                  2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got regular hydrolyzed casein from TN in cookies & cream...it's rough. Even other proteins in the same flavor can't help it.
                    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rage:
                      You dont mind all the pills in Orange Triad Multi-AM/PM?
                      Taking the Cissus fron TN in either caps or powder form same effect and cheaper than USP Super Cissus-AM/PM?
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                      - Success is the best revenge

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        - Carnivor: to replace meat when I don't have time to cook some
                        - Team Skip mix: Shake meals and pre-bed
                        - EAAs/BCAAs mix (not TN's) : Drink in the middle of the night and during JJ, also throw some in my Team Skip and Pre-Intra-Powo protocol
                        - Creatine
                        - MG's powedered Muscle: Pre-Intra-Powo drink
                        - Melatonin: 10mg pre-bed, 20mg during the day ( does wonders for receptor saturation)

                        That's all, I hate being poor
                        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

                        "Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

                        “Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

                        The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          TN's mega mix formula
                          TN's 3-DAY w/out Iron
                          Vit -C
                          Vit - D3
                          Zinc
                          Calcium/Magnesium/Potassium
                          Quercentin w/ Bromelin
                          B-Complex
                          Tumeric
                          Fish Oil
                          Coconut Oil
                          TN's BCAA Blast
                          Leucine
                          Creatine
                          Lysine
                          Beta Alanine
                          Glutamine Peptides
                          Pepto
                          Myostatin Inhibitor
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                          - Success is the best revenge

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            Rage:
                            You dont mind all the pills in Orange Triad Multi-AM/PM?
                            Taking the Cissus fron TN in either caps or powder form same effect and cheaper than USP Super Cissus-AM/PM?
                            The 6/day don't really bother me, no. I liken it to taking a regular multi then throwing the other joint support on top of it.

                            TN's offerings are the same I'm sure, but I've had such good luck with USP's stuff that I just hate to switch.
                            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do you want what I take on a regular basis, or stuff that sits on my counter?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X