ephedrine 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ephedrine 2013

anyone use ephedrine? i have been finding it hard to find this in the usa (southern california) and wonder if others still use or have trouble finding it

haven't tried it before yet but will during a future cut soon. how has it worked for you?

I think pharmacies still carry Bronkaid and Primatene.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
      yes i was considering bronkaid but learned it was for asthma. negligble side effects?

Comment

It's sold up here in Canada as a nasal decongestant. Comes in 8mg pills.
        Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
        BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
          I'm in nc and I can't find it anywhere around here. One pharmacy told me they don't know if they will ever have it again.
          6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
          1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
            I'm in nc and I can't find it anywhere around here. One pharmacy told me they don't know if they will ever have it again.
            Where have you looked LKQSJH? I bought some Primatene tablets last year at my local CVS and also at Kerr Drugs. I would assume it would have been available at Rite-Aid and Walgreens as well, if there are one of those in your area. I had to go to the pharmacy counter and show my driver's license in order to purchase. There was a restriction on the amount you could purchase, only two boxes per day.

I'll check today and see what I can find out. I sure hope it hasn't went away in NC. The combination of a Primatene tablet, 200 mg caffeine tablet, and low dose aspirin tablet is my favorite fat burner and makes for a pretty good pre-workout supplement as well.

Comment

Bronkaid is currently on recall, Bayer forgot to put a new FDA warning on the packaging. So expect to see a shortage till they get the new packaging out.

As mentioned, CVS and Riteaid usually carry Primatene or their store brand version of it. I think it depends on location though, as the walgreens up her don't carry either of them.
              PBRevolution
              Light-heavyweight Member
              Last edited by PBRevolution; 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM.
              My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

Not sure what products are out there nowadays but check at places like truckstops to see what they have to keep drivers awake.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by O.G. Pimpin View Post
                  Where have you looked LKQSJH? I bought some Primatene tablets last year at my local CVS and also at Kerr Drugs. I would assume it would have been available at Rite-Aid and Walgreens as well, if there are one of those in your area. I had to go to the pharmacy counter and show my driver's license in order to purchase. There was a restriction on the amount you could purchase, only two boxes per day.

I'll check today and see what I can find out. I sure hope it hasn't went away in NC. The combination of a Primatene tablet, 200 mg caffeine tablet, and low dose aspirin tablet is my favorite fat burner and makes for a pretty good pre-workout supplement as well.
                  I have tried Walmart, Walgreens, rite aid, and CVS. I have tried multiples of each over the last week as right now I'm fighting a sinus cold and bronkaid works wonders for opening me up.
                  6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                  1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

Have you tried online?

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                      anyone use ephedrine? i have been finding it hard to find this in the usa (southern california) and wonder if others still use or have trouble finding it

haven't tried it before yet but will during a future cut soon. how has it worked for you?
                      Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to get it or are you asking how well it works...or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
                        Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to get it or are you asking how well it works...or both?
                        yes, actually both. damn bronkaid recall most likely just an excuse to fight the meth war indirectly

Comment

Regarding states with restrictions on ephedrine, I found this link: http://http://www.chpa-info.org/printer.aspx?id=440. Although the list states that it is current as of 2008, there is likely to be an annotation cited in a referenced statute if there has been a change since 2008. In NC, for instance, there was a change cited for June 2012 that changed some of the wording in the general statute but the statute does not prohibit the retail sale of ephedrine. Ephedrine has to be sold in blister packs (like Primatene or Bronkaid tablets) and not sold loosely, like the old bottles of Mini Thins one used to could find at truck stops and convenience stores.
                          O.G. Pimpin
                          Lightweight Member
                          Last edited by O.G. Pimpin; 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

drcrap...First clear up my own curiosity...how old are you and what is your training and educational background? Now that's out of the way, based on my limited research on ephedrine taken alone, research is mixed. Some show limited weight loss, others show significant weight loss, and further others show none when compared to other things like caffeine or even placebo. It's more effective in obese populations which makes more sense. There seems to be more support of these EC stacks (ephedrine/caffeine) and ECA stacks (ephedrine/caffine/asprin) showing improvements in body composition and even improvements in blood lipids. Some show less side effects, but some of the long term studies are using self reporting, which has it's flaws. Many of these studies are 10-25 years old, which in exercise science is somewhat dated. And, I can't access many of them in my online database due to how old they are, but you can still find some on GoogleScholar. I think a common theme you'll find in many studies using ephedrine for weight loss is undesirable side effects like tremors, insomnia, insulin resistance, mood disturbances, abnormal heart function, hypertension, GI distress, headache, cardiovascular risks with endurance exercise, etc...you get the idea. These too are mixed, but I get the impression the more recent research seems to cite more often than the older research does, but that's just an impression. If you wish to research it further here is a quick GoogleScholar search on "ephedrine for weight loss". I guess my best suggestion is research it for yourself, draw your own conclusions, and make your own decision. I wouldn't personally rely on anecdotal opinions/experiences of others.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...&as_sdt=0%2C20

As far as where you can purchase, mods is this allowed?
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I just purchased a 60 tablet package of Primatene at a local hometown pharmacy for $9.13 (probably paid more than I would at a discount pharmacy chain). So retail sale of ephedrine has not been banned in NC. I asked about Bronkaid and they confirmed it was on a manufacturer's back order due to a recall, as PBRev.. stated.
                              O.G. Pimpin
                              Lightweight Member
                              Last edited by O.G. Pimpin; 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X