Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit like this makes me appreciate TP/elitefts even more

http://www.t-nation.com/store/articl...-contest-shape

You have got to be kidding me. Biotest has always been ridiculous with there advertising and claims but these new stuff is just ridiculous. Its actually sad to think that people are actually shelling out the ridiculous money for these over hyped products when you have a brand like true protein that feeds you no bullshit and has an owner like Dante who is straightforward with everything and a company like elitefts who doesnt feed you bullshit propaganda to buy their products.

Has anyone else seen this article? I mean don't get me wrong, John is a stand up guy from everything I've seen so I am in no way saying anything negative about him but the way they must have spun this article is ridiculous. Even the title is a joke. No one has ever gotten into contest shape by accident.

I mean come on 95 dollars for a supplement with 20 servings in it with a suggested use of 3 servings per workout? Don't they feel bad praying on the innocent non informed kids who are pry reading this hype and investing all of their money into this only to be disappointed and broke 2 weeks later.

I also find it hilarious that whenever they have a new product they list it at a higher price and show that is sold out (mind you this is before it has ever been released). Then they feed you this crazy hype story and say things like "due to the extreme nature of this supplement it is only indicated for extreme bodybuilders".

and then this thing:

http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/dead-squat-bar

this has got to be a joke right? its a damn trap bar.

I wish I had the means to start a supplement or "miracle weight loss" company. Honest to God, I cannot believe the fucking garbage people will throw endless amounts of cash at, see zero results, yet still continue to feed the beast.

I think I'm going to conduct a sociological experiment on something like this...
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
      I wish I had the means to start a supplement or "miracle weight loss" company. Honest to God, I cannot believe the fucking garbage people will throw endless amounts of cash at, see zero results, yet still continue to feed the beast.

I think I'm going to conduct a sociological experiment on something like this...
      It is easy. Buy ingredients from TN. Mix them together, get a fancy name and bottle. Jack the Price and sell it. Didn't you watch, Bigger, stronger and faster.

Comment

I guess I have to give props to biotest in that they have mastered the art of this. I especially liked when they came out with the Indigo stuff, they came out and said that due to the insane gains people are making they cant keep up with the demand so they only want people to get it who are very serious bodybuilders so they made you sign up for auto enrollment where it would ship to you monthly and said they would only be taking a limited amount of people. People jumped all over that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
          It is easy. Buy ingredients from TN. Mix them together, get a fancy name and bottle. Jack the Price and sell it. Didn't you watch, Bigger, stronger and faster.
          I was just telling my wife I'm going to buy 50# of whey isolate, 50 1# tubs w/scoops (I'd be in it for ~$7/pound at this point) and sell it as a package with some random "fat burner" to lazy fucks for $75.

If I marketed it like Advocare/Visalus/whatever people would eat that shit up.

Comment

Obviously tmag has always done this stuff...
            RedSkull
            TEAMSKIP.net web designer
            Last edited by RedSkull; 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM.
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
              Obviously tmag has always done this stuff, but mildly interesting that they got those guys to put their name on that nonsense.
              Money talks.

Comment

I do wish TP would come out with bulk Cyclic Dextrins.

Comment

I got banned from their forums for calling out their "sponsored athletes".

Also for mentioning how they made Daryl Gee look like a jackass after they failed making him Mr.O ( which they went around for months bragging that they WOULD do it.)
                  "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

I also wish TP would start selling Cyanidin-3-Glucoside just so people can realize how much did Biotest ripped them off with their $300 product
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                      I got banned from their forums for calling out their "sponsored athletes".

Also for mentioning how they made Daryl Gee look like a jackass after they failed making him Mr.O ( which they went around for months bragging that they WOULD do it.)
                      Whatever happened to that guy. Those videos on MD were pretty good when he was training at their compound.
                      big ross
                      Middleweight Member
                      Last edited by big ross; 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I don't care what t-nation and biotest does. Hangabout for way over-pricing internet drug dealers, way-overpricing supplement company and a huge amount of group thinking easily persuaded wannabe bodybuilders waiting for that next magic pill. It's a gold mine I tell ya' :-) Wish I had that kind of setup for any kind of business. But they do it right. Create a cult following, give incentive to buy more and to post more. It's really smart that way.

funmetal

Comment

I just realised how lucky I was to meet someone who was a no-bullshit kind of guy when I first started using supplements seriously when I was 15. He said protein, vitargo, bcaas and creatine was all I needed. And wasn't he right!

Another mentor of mine said 'if it works, it's illegal." Both these dudes were 280 diced and I was 138 at 6'5"...

Today was the first time I have deliberately clicked on a T-Nation link. It astounds me that people would even consider these articles remotely accurate...
                          Thank the almighty lord I found IM when I did!
                          TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
                          2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

I HATE their relentless pushing of THEIR products. But I will say their basic website layout, number of free articles, and some of their authors are very very good. You have to sift through their supplement push, but some of those writers have good scoop and its free. Their message board is garbage because of the percentage of dbags to solid dudes who post there is like 9:1
                            Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                              Money talks.
                              And that is sad.
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X