Stuck and Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck and Confused

Ok, so i've been training for about 3 years now and have made decent progress. I went from 75kg to around 116kg(due to a massive fat bulk), and have recently cut and am doing to 93kg (i did lose a lot of size and strength due to trying to cut so quickly.

Pretty much now i want to start to add size again but do it relatively cleanly and not get anywhere near being fat again, but quality muscle. The only thing is i am stuck with how to go about it in terms of programs. I was looking at DC training but further research on it i have come to terms that i do not think i am ready for it.
    Base Stats as of now are:
    21yr old
    93kg (204lbs)
    Deadlift - 190kg (418 pounds) 5 reps
    Military - 80kg (175 lbs) 7 reps
    Bench - 110kg (242 lbs) 5 reps
    Squat - 130kg (286lbs) 8 rep

I know that getting stronger definitely does work and want to get push my lifts up again! But also want to reap size gains to!
    I guess i have just read so many different things and opinions and just am at a loss as to what to do and don't really know what i am talking about or thinking anymore and am looking for some advice from all the great minds here!

thanks.

I've tried about every training plan that I could ever come across till I watched longevity and talked to skip. DC is my favorite. Took some getting used to at first not going everyday.. But the big thing would be sticking to a well developed diet.. For I am no professional here. I've "lifted" for about 6 years now. The best results you'll ever benefit from happens in the kitchen.. Sucks I'm finding this out now feels like I wasted a good 4-5 years trying all different types of programs. That's my opinion hopefully you get some help here!
    I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

What programs have you tried in the past and for how long? If you aren't sure that you're ready for DC, you probably aren't. There are many good programs to run that would prepare you for DC should you later decide to give it a go. Wendler's 5/3/1 for bodybuilding and Max-OT come to mind.

Comment

My advice would be to focus more on your diet than WO program if your concern is to not put on more fat than you are comfortable with.
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Thanks for the reply's!

Yeah i don't think i am strong/ready for DC yet.
          You guys are right, diet is 80% of the game. As for the program i just want to maximize my gains to a point i guess with the right blend of strength/volume training. I think i'll probably run 5/3/1 again and take the option with a little more volume.

Could i still utilize the morning cardio(or post workout?) and carb cutoffs that DC preachs with the 5/3/1? or would it impact to much on my strength?

Comment

You can do anything you like :-)

Use the mirror and the scale as your guide and make adjustments if/when need be is my suggestion.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              You can do anything you like :-)

Use the mirror and the scale as your guide and make adjustments if/when need be is my suggestion.
              I agree...

Comment

7 months ago I felt the same way you do right now. Then I hired Skip and he took all the guess work out of it for me. All I need to follow his plan and train hard. I've been able to drop fat, get stronger, and gain muscle. Best move I've ever made.

Comment

Working...
                X