Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Scott- Muscle Rounds

Scott,

I've enjoyed these vids you've posted on Youtube, seems like a cool way to do an exercise.

My question is, what part of your routine do these 'rounds' fall into? These seem like a good finisher, but they're all pretty heavy, so I could see them being first in exercise order too.
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

I'm interested in this as well.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

I'm fashioning a training program (with some help from friends - and I'll be enlisting more) using Titan Training (Leo Costa - google it if ya like) as a basis. The main thing is that the volume of that program was too high, at least the way I train, and it didn't incorporate the particulars of choosing a load or progression, which is what I'm working on.

You could do muscle rounds whenever you want, I presume, after you've warmed up. In the program I've put together so far, they're done all on one day (after warming up).

The idea of the Muscle Rounds is to use a heavy load but be able to incorporate more volume by interspersing the rest intervals. Usually I guesstimate I'm using a 15 rep max, but able to do 20+ reps before failure (usually 5 sets x 4 with failure in the last set or so). They're not as nervous sysytem intensive as RP sets, but funciton in the same way to allow you to spend more time lifting heavy weight in a fatigued state where there is a high level of motor unit activation.

(There are not repeated failure points for each segment of a MR, only 1 or perhaps 2 for the entire muscle round. Wen you do them, the fist 3-4 sets are pretty easy, but the fatigue will get you at the end, for sure. The feel of the set and onset of fatigue is different than an RP set...)

I'll have more on these, which exercises seem best suited, at least within the context of what I'm doing, etc., ASAP.

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I'm getting giddy just thinking about what's in store for me after a few more DC blasts :jump:
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
          I'm getting giddy just thinking about what's in store for me after a few more DC blasts :jump:
          Now I'm sad for not having hired Homon yet
          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
            You should be! Why do you think I am so damn sexy? lol
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

At the risk of Homon getting a big head (), I will say its definitely worth the $$ !!
              Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

sounds interesting!
                Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

Scott,

Will you be posting your program outlines on how you incorporate progression or will that be for paying clients only?

Comment

You should be! Why do you think I am so damn sexy? lol
                    I always assumed it had something to do with the Zumba pants!

Comment

I remember muscle rounds. The Titan training routine has you doing them 6 sets of 4 reps and counts that as one round. The titan routine has you doing four total rounds per exercise:eek2:

Comment

Would you have a direct link towards these 'muscle rounds' training? Thanks, sounds interesting.

Comment

Muscle rounds, holy hell! My buddies and I followed Titan Training from 2003-2010ish. I remember it being fun as hell, but looking back, it was a bit too much volume for me and my diet wasn't on par to reap the gains I could have.

Can't wait to read what you are thinking! (Yes, I realize that sounded creepy a fuck.)
                          Last edited by Macho Man; 02-11-2013, 07:02 PM.
                          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I'm available!

Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
                            At the risk of Homon getting a big head (), I will say its definitely worth the $$ !!
                            Thanks, man.

Originally posted by Undertow View Post
                            Scott,

Will you be posting your program outlines on how you incorporate progression or will that be for paying clients only?

The plan right now is to recruit some nutballs to help me work out the kinks at a minimal cost. What I'm doing right now has been very effective, but I'd like to build out the program a bit more before charging full cost for it.

I'm not trying to be all top secret with it but I just don't want to have various ideas that I've long dumped being employed b/c I wrote about them early on.

Plus (and I've learned this from watching DC training evolve), I don't want people who aren't ready for this program to try to do it.

I'm integrating diet, supplements and training in a fairly demanding way (but want it to be flexible, too). This is kind of opposite the current trend to make things easier / less regimented (e.g. with IF and IIFYM). I'm not at all trying to put those programs down, but just have a feeling I've got something fairly effective I'm working on here and want to give it a fair trial run by guys (and women) who are willing to put 100% into it.

Originally posted by Rocky101 View Post
                            I remember muscle rounds. The Titan training routine has you doing them 6 sets of 4 reps and counts that as one round. The titan routine has you doing four total rounds per exercise:eek2:

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                            Muscle rounds, holy hell! My buddies and I followed Titan Training from 2003-2010ish. I remember it being fun as hell, but looking back, it was a bit too much volume for me and my diet wasn't on par to reap the gains I could have.

Can't wait to read what you are thinking! (Yes, I realize that sounded creepy a fuck.)
                            LOL - You've said MUCH more creepy things in the past...

Yeah, this program will be more moderate in the volume, meaning more reasonable.

Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
                            Would you have a direct link towards these 'muscle rounds' training? Thanks, sounds interesting.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbaO21E5GIs

[YOUTUBE]xbaO21E5GIs[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-RHTqOd8s

[YOUTUBE]QF-RHTqOd8s[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgz5SrDXXZ0

[YOUTUBE]Fgz5SrDXXZ0[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TClzoaZMgr8

[YOUTUBE]TClzoaZMgr8[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp6sdlnR664

[YOUTUBE]xp6sdlnR664[/YOUTUBE]

I'll be posting all of this stuff at my new discussion board: www.integrativebodybuilding.com

http://www.integrativebodybuilding.com

and on my facebook page of the same name: https://www.facebook.com/IntegrativeBodybuilding

https://www.facebook.com/IntegrativeBodybuilding

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Scott, we all you you are beautiful, but the close up of your junk on the DB concentration curls might be more than we can handle lol! (I kid, I kid )

Do you see this as something that one can use as part of yearly cycle, going between this and DC?

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X