Neat.
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Thanks for that. ^
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Very cool video. Something I don't get is every bodybuilder is saying "we" all the time as in the royal we. I see it in videos of Jay Cutler and other professional bodybuilders too. Is that a request from the sponsor to make it sound more important?

I am really wondering and never understood why because none of them seem stuck up to say it like that about themselves. It's not like there is a huge team lifting the weights together :-)

funmetal

Comment

...or maybe he was with a training partner doing the same routine?
        Max Muscle
        5020 Katella Ave.
        Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Comment

Bodybuilder's usually only speak in 1st person so I am not going to bash them for that. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by funmetal View Post
            Very cool video. Something I don't get is every bodybuilder is saying "we" all the time as in the royal we. I see it in videos of Jay Cutler and other professional bodybuilders too. Is that a request from the sponsor to make it sound more important?

It's because once you get to a certain size each muscle gains a mind of it's own. So it's polite to address yourself in as "we" otherwise you might find your right glute very angry at you.
            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by funmetal View Post

I am really wondering and never understood why because none of them seem stuck up to say it like that about themselves. It's not like there is a huge team lifting the weights together :-)

funmetal
              Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
              ...or maybe he was with a training partner doing the same routine?
              Shelby's doing a voice over of video he's probably not watching at the time, after training when both he and his training partner were filmed. So, he's addressing what both of them did not knowing if his comments with overlie him training or his partner. Thus, he's using "we" not because he's referring to a "royal we," but because he's respecting his training partners contribution to the workout.

Other times, bodybuilders will be talking about their "team," meaning coach, wife, training partner or some combo thereof. The audio clips are often spliced into vid's without the context of the questions posed or the previous question that might have related to working with a coach et al., so the switch from "I" to "we" might not seem obvious.

Now, when The Homonunculus (notice the capitalization) talks about Him (again CAPS LOL) training, He uses the third person b/c He's just that important and His ego must refer to Himself in the 3rd person to avoid cognitive dissonance.

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

My guess would be he's talking about himself and John Meadows.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

When I say 'we' I am referring to me and my monster dong.

...just kidding it's small.
                  Max Muscle
                  5020 Katella Ave.
                  Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                    Thus, he's using "we" not because he's referring to a "royal we," but because he's respecting his training partners contribution to the workout.

Now, when The Homonunculus (notice the capitalization) talks about Him (again CAPS LOL) training, He uses the third person b/c He's just that important and His ego must refer to Himself in the 3rd person to avoid cognitive dissonance.

-S
                    Hah! Agreed on both counts ;-)

funmetal

Comment

Working...
                    X