Cutting from an already low weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting from an already low weight

Hi All. I'm pretty short. I weigh about 150 at 5'6" ish. My bf seems about like 14-16%. I don't look like I workout much with clothes on but don't look bad with a tanktop on either. To be honest, I just like the muscular lean look. Like a sprinter look. I don't really want to build too much mass but I do want to build some more of it especially over my delts and upper pecs, and get to like 10%. I'm not real crazy on single digit bodyfat. I have many years of squatting and deadlifting under my belt so my legs and back make up the majority of my mass and my pec minor is good, too.

I have this understanding: If I try to cut, I will be 130 at the end and look real skinny. And I must eat too little calories because my BMR will be low. My cal intake will have to be low which is not good because I eat more than fat guys. I eat other people's food. But I eat clean all the time, just my BF never goes down. I dont do much cardio but am starting to incorporate this into my routine because I want my heart to be healthy and I need the activity. I am mostly sedentary besides training 3 days a week.

Should I do a lean gain with morning cardio and just eat more clean food and build the mass and then diet or should I diet now, and then do the lean gainer? Thanks for all the help.

Originally posted by rootaccess View Post
    Hi All. I'm pretty short. I weigh about 150 at 5'6" ish. My bf seems about like 14-16%. I don't look like I workout much with clothes on but don't look bad with a tanktop on either. To be honest, I just like the muscular lean look. Like a sprinter look. I don't really want to build too much mass but I do want to build some more of it especially over my delts and upper pecs, and get to like 10%. I'm not real crazy on single digit bodyfat. I have many years of squatting and deadlifting under my belt so my legs and back make up the majority of my mass and my pec minor is good, too.

I have this understanding: If I try to cut, I will be 130 at the end and look real skinny. And I must eat too little calories because my BMR will be low. My cal intake will have to be low which is not good because I eat more than fat guys. I eat other people's food. But I eat clean all the time, just my BF never goes down. I dont do much cardio but am starting to incorporate this into my routine because I want my heart to be healthy and I need the activity. I am mostly sedentary besides training 3 days a week.

Should I do a lean gain with morning cardio and just eat more clean food and build the mass and then diet or should I diet now, and then do the lean gainer? Thanks for all the help.
    A bodybuilding forum is a strange place to turn for advice on not building much mass and looking like a sprinter...
    Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

do it the right way, eat clean to build mass but if you gain a little fat it is to be expected, then hold the muscle for a few months, then cut the fat away

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
        A bodybuilding forum is a strange place to turn for advice on not building much mass and looking like a sprinter...
        bro what i meant to say was, i dont have a desire to be huge, so this gives people on here the preconceived notion that i do not need to go to extremes for bulking on the diet and taking alot of super supps. got it?

Comment

bro what i meant to say was, i dont have a desire to be huge, so this gives people on here the preconceived notion that i do not need to go to extremes for bulking on the diet and taking alot of super supps. got it?
          I would say the best way to look like a sprinter would be to emulate a sprinter's training program.
          Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

What are your strength numbers? How long have you been lifting? What's your nutrition right now? Do you have any pics? Nobody can really tell you what to do for your physique without knowing where you're starting from, so I suggest giving more background information.

And for what it's worth, to look like a modern day sprinter takes work, it's not an easy look to attain, at all. You'll need to be <10% to go along with solid strength levels and a decent amount of muscle, too.
            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
              I would say the best way to look like a sprinter would be to emulate a sprinter's training program.
              You are a Genius. I would never have thought of this myself.

Comment

You are a Genius. I would never have thought of this myself.
                Well yeah! Why else would you be looking for advice on acquiring a sprinters physique on a bodybuilding forum?

Glad I could be of service. High intensity intervals might help get your sprint time down.

Good luck bro. Happy to help man!
                Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                  What are your strength numbers? How long have you been lifting? What's your nutrition right now? Do you have any pics? Nobody can really tell you what to do for your physique without knowing where you're starting from, so I suggest giving more background information.

And for what it's worth, to look like a modern day sprinter takes work, it's not an easy look to attain, at all. You'll need to be <10% to go along with solid strength levels and a decent amount of muscle, too.
                  Strength now isn't as great. I'm squatting with 185 for around 8-10 reps. I don't flat bench, just incline and db bench. I want to bring my upper pecs up, so I dont do much flat as I already built that. I have been training for 13 years now on and off so what I have is dense since I did a couple cycles before. 150 may not seem like much but I'm short. If I was over 6 ft, that would be pretty skinny.

I eat like a dieting BBer all the time. eggs/plain oats for breakfast, and either chicken or fish plain with plain baked sweet potatoe or low GI fruit for my carbs and almonds or walnuts and olive oil and olives for my fats. 2 yolks in the morning are added for my fat as well. I am just not eating enough to gain or restricting enough to lose.

I can have pics up soon.

Comment

Strength now isn't as great. I'm squatting with 185 for around 8-10 reps. I don't flat bench, just incline and db bench. I want to bring my upper pecs up, so I dont do much flat as I already built that. I have been training for 13 years now on and off so what I have is dense since I did a couple cycles before. 150 may not seem like much but I'm short. If I was over 6 ft, that would be pretty skinny.

I eat like a dieting BBer all the time. eggs/plain oats for breakfast, and either chicken or fish plain with plain baked sweet potatoe or low GI fruit for my carbs and almonds or walnuts and olive oil and olives for my fats. 2 yolks in the morning are added for my fat as well. I am just not eating enough to gain or restricting enough to lose.

I can have pics up soon.
                    I'm 5"9 and when I was 140-150 I was extremely skinny and that was at a lower body body fat than you say you're at, so I have a tough time picturing 150 as dense, especially at 15 percent or higher. But either way, pictures will better show where you're starting from, so when you have them go ahead and post them.

If I were you, I'd revamp your training. You've being doing what you're doing for 13 years and you're not really close to where you want to be, even after doing gear. So I'd say a change is in order. Go with a solid routine to build up some real strength......just pick any one of the really good and simple ones and go with it for a year. I'd leave the bodybuilding routines until you are able to do it with some higher weights. 5/3/1 would do good stuff for your strength in the main lifts and you could follow up the main lifts with some bodybuilding style accessory work, because you seem to be more into the aesthetic. But focus on getting stronger as that'll drive your results. If in a year you're squatting 250+ for the same amount of reps you're squatting 185 right now, you'll probably be bigger, more muscular and closer to your goals. It sounds like I'm giving you bodybuilder advice, but I'm not. To get the body you want you need to get stronger and move some more weight. I mean, you could lean out right now but you'll be down to 125-130 at your height and starting from your current weight.

As for nutrition, you gotta post some actual calorie numbers and break down the macros. How many grams of protein, fat and carbs are you getting in right now?
                    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

i'll be back to post the numbers and my pics later. good advice.

Comment

ok here are some pics i just took. not the best lighting. but you get the idea. yes i do have some slight gyno i plan to remove. in some pics i am flexing my abs. mysteriously my abs come up when i do this. and my gut seems to go flat. no idea why.

FLEXING MY ABS BELOW IN THIS PICS HERE

Last edited by rootaccess; 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I am around 5'6", and i actually weighed myself in the evening with clothes on, but no shoes. 145. I at least thought 150 or 155. But anyway, I am 30 years old. I cant give exact calorie amounts because I don't count. I used to count this but I stopped because if I dont know how much I need to eat, then why bother. I have been maintaining this weight for a long time undecided on what to do because I dont want to get any more fatter than this, and at the same time I don't want to just get even smaller! I am on HRT by the way if it matters

Comment

Provide an outline of your training.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                            2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                            2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                            2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I don't know why people think that getting HUGE is so easy or something... lol. Train hard and eat well.. do not worry about getting tooooo BIG lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X