Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Goes The Hammie...

I just kind of need to vent a bit...

So last night I was doing fetal ham curls reversed on a lat pulldown station and in the middle of my RP set I hear an audible popping sound, much like the sound of crushing a light bulb and grinding the glass. My right hamstring immediately balled up and there was a sharp pain just above my knee joint on the back of my leg.

I've only heard stories about people saying that the sound of pulling/straining a hamstring is absolutely gruesome, and that is no joke. I actually think I caught myself before I did too much damage and it doesn't seem as bad as it could be.

Homon convinced me to take a few days off of anything that aggrevates my hammie...and this time, I'm going to listen to him when he says LAY OFF

This is just the way DC is, you push and push and push and sometimes, you get knocked down. This is part of the mental strength that comes with knowing you body and how to recover and work through injuries and come back safely and one of the reasons why DC is for the experienced trainee.

Gimme a few days...I'll be back :bb:
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Sorry to hear that man. I have blown my right calf 2x now and my groin. It is painful! Groin was the worst. Kept me out over 3 months last year, and still I have issues.

Time is the best. Problem with the hamstrings is you can feel them even if your curling or doing shoulders, so you need the rest.
    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

any word on if its a rupture and requires surgery? (i cant imagine tha tif it did "ball-up" that you wouldnt need surgery). Best of luck and wishing you a speedy recovery...
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery...
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Thanks fellas.

@trucelt - it felt like it initially balled up but released. It happened last night and today there is no real deep bruising and I can walk. So I think I got lucky.

@glyder - I am definitely going to take it easy. I've been down this road with other injuries and NOW I understand that a little rest now means longevity, better health and more gains down the road. Sometimes it's tough to take yourself out of the moment and look at the long term repercussions.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Keep an eye on it...if you got it good, in about 5 days your entire hammy should be purple. Post pics. Been there, done that. Always been able to bounce back. But pics are cool so don't miss the opportunity :-)

On a serious note though, I really got one of them good about a week after a PL meet. I was playing softball and I was sprinting on the bases. It felt like a gunshot. After that, the hammy was never the same. Sure I could still lift big, but it would pop (not as bad as the first time) on a semi-regular basis. And I can still feel the scar tissue.
            Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Waaaaahhhh I'm so strong and muscular the weights I have to use hurt the muscle and my wallet is too small for all my $50s and my diamond shoes are too tight
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                Waaaaahhhh I'm so strong and muscular the weights I have to use hurt the muscle and my wallet is too small for all my $50s and my diamond shoes are too tight
                Thank you Sammich lol

Almost all of that is correct except I only carry hundreds.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Sorry to hear that mental.

Get some pics up so I can wish it never happens to me ( bullshit I already pulled both my hams ) lol

Speedy recovery man, luckly a few days will be all it takes to recover
                  "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Best of luck getting 100% fine ASAP, sorry to hear about what happened.

Comment

Injuries always suck, sounds like a good plan to work around it.. just curious what does your warm-up consist of?
                      M.S., B.S., B.A., CSCS, USAW

"There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it"

"Two pains in life: pain of hard work and pain of regret"

Comment

Glad it doesn't sound serious. Smart move laying off.
                        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by brineal View Post
                          Injuries always suck, sounds like a good plan to work around it.. just curious what does your warm-up consist of?
                          I'm on the 3-way split so before I get into my RP sets I usually have about 4 or 5 progressively heavier sets. I usually use some elastic bands to help loosen up my upper body and do some mobility exercises to loosen up my lower body.

I am really hoping that it doesn't look as bad as you guys are talking about. If it is picture worthy, I'll snap a few and post them up lol

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Heal up
                            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this. Be wise now, and listen to S...

Hope it's not that serious...

Take care !

Comment

Working...
                              X