Dear New Year Resolutioners,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear New Year Resolutioners,

Since you will ultimately quit going to the gym within the next 2-3 months anyway, please do me a huge favor and just quit now.
    Thank you,
    Me

:mmph:
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

:iagree:

Probably going late tonight to avoid it.

My power rack will be used for curls more in the next two months than it will be used all year.

Comment

I train around 9am, so I am lucky not to deal with many newbies..I would hate to be in the gym Monday at 4-8pm...uhhh
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Awww.... Comon... Can't we be nice to these guys? Especially the ones that interrupt Fade and I during a workout and ask if he can hop in on the leg press. Just to do 1/4 reps and lock his knees out so he can feel big...... Such a nice young fella..
        WoodShred
        Intense Muscle Competitor/ISOM Winner May 2012
        Last edited by WoodShred; 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM. Reason: My grammar is shit.
        2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
        2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

Dear God, I wish they would all just quit too.....I admire the fact that they are trying, but can't they just stay outta my way? Lol
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I don't know wtf you guys are talking about... I'm seeing new booty walking around and I welcome it very much.

Comment

We need to come up with the non-Planet Fitness type ads.

One that shows someone signing up for the "New Year's Special" (nevermind that they ran that "special" 4 weeks earlier post-Thanksgiving), then we usher them off to this small multi-station, pink DB's and a line of treadmills...and show them looking the same in June.
              Discount TRUE PROTEIN CODE: DND849
              get
              5% off all purchases, and up to 10% off BIG orders at http://<span style="font-size:20px">...ein.com</span>
              !

Comment

I would like to post this up in the gym I work at......but then I would get fired.

Comment

Some guy decided to take the ham curl I was on in-between sets today and take the thing down 150 lbs without resetting it. If you're going to come in to the gym, at least have some respect for the people who are there year-round

Originally posted by devodev View Post
                  We need to come up with the non-Planet Fitness type ads.

One that shows someone signing up for the "New Year's Special" (nevermind that they ran that "special" 4 weeks earlier post-Thanksgiving), then we usher them off to this small multi-station, pink DB's and a line of treadmills...and show them looking the same in June.
                  Closest I can do

[YOUTUBE]qBRG4RkE51Q[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Mngeh...as long as there's mutual respect and courtesy it's fine. Be open to working in on a set, racking weights, being efficient with their time on a machine/rack/bench etc.

It's the assholes who are new or been-around-the-block that do the opposite of the above that piss me off. Why yes, you are super macho for throwing weights on the ground and not on the rack right next to you. Why yes, of course you are badass for not letting others work in because it ruins your supersets.

13B-T makes an interesting point, lol.

Speaking of new year's resolutioners, this new guy was chewing dip and had a dip cup while working out. BAD. ASS.

Another guy, big old black guy, was chewing on an unlit cigar while doing his set. BAD. ASS.
                    Max Muscle
                    5020 Katella Ave.
                    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Lmao. THAT VIDEO WAS FUNNY

Comment

i was deadlifting in the gym last week and between my sets some idiot came and sat up a bench right in my space and then proceeded to wave his arms out as far as possible clearly interfering in my space

i got my breath back and then bent down to set up, as soon as he raised his arms i cracked out the first rep so that on the way down his hands got squashed between the dumbbell in his hand and the edge of the bar - then i dropped the bar and glared at him like he had just interrupted my workout

he soon moved his bench away, something he should have done at the start

Comment

I was doing dumbbell laterals yesterday with my wife at a new gym and I took the time to figure out where we could do them to not be in anyone's way. I start to do my set and a teenager walks in front of me by about 3 feet and reaches for a set of dumbbells that if he would have walked the other way around me, wouldn't even have been an issue. I immediately dropped the dumbbells from waist height and turned around walking away for a minute to compose myself.

Him and his buddies knew I was fucking pissed and stayed away from that point on.

This is not a bodybuilding type of gym, really, so I also have to do my part to not get too worked up with people that don't know any better, too. Still, it's a bitch.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I think I've solved my problem of the "resolutioners." I have a pretty good relationship with the gym managers and always show respect, so they let me get away with some stuff that is generally frowned upon, like using chalk.

Chalk dust is like insect repellent for resolutioners. No matter what I do, I pull out my chalk bag and get a nice big cloud swirling in my general proximity. Miraculously, I have any bench, rack, machine or floor area to myself.

Not to mention, people get freaked out when they see midget covered in chalk dust using more weight than 98% of the people in the gym...
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                              Some guy decided to take the ham curl I was on in-between sets today and take the thing down 150 lbs without resetting it. If you're going to come in to the gym, at least have some respect for the people who are there year-round

Closest I can do
                              Oh man, thanks Youngbb!

I wanna visit that gym just to give them props for the video.
                              Discount TRUE PROTEIN CODE: DND849
                              get
                              5% off all purchases, and up to 10% off BIG orders at http://<span style="font-size:20px">...ein.com</span>
                              !

Comment

Working...
                              X