Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest thing you ever did in the gym...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest thing you ever did in the gym...

Wondering what the hardest (most mentally intense) tactic you've ever applied in the gym was (is)?...

I think I might have mentioned doing the old cybergenics program on here before. I know IH has done that program.

Here are some others:
    Drop sets on squats: 495-->405-->315-->225-->135

20 sets of 20 on squats.

Calf press drop sets on the leg press: Starting with about 12 plates / side and dropping 1 plate each side for each subset of the dropset, all the way down to like 4 or 5 plates / side. (A total of like 14 drop sets)

Running the rack on biceps curls, side laterals, etc.

Anyone got some good (stupid! LOL) ones?...

-R
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

100 rep leg press
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I remember doing old school donkey calf raises for 100 rep sets when I was young and they would bring me to tears. It wasn't a straight set of 100 but rather a rest pause set and you just couldn't stop until you hit 100 reps.

I did the 50 rep squat on a couple occasions and I do remember the bio-genics (BEFORE cybergenics - same thing but different name) and I think I got through the tricep workout and thought to myself, there is no way in hell that I am doing legs like this. lol I quit that shit after one day. It just wasn't worth it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

100rep sets each of leg ext, leg curls, leg press in 1 workout;
        superset leg press & squat
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Man.. i see lotsa weiders' principles here! Seems like the shock tactic to me used to overcome a plateau!

I think the late Trevor Smith's beyond failure training(BFT) principles are the most brutal i've ever seen done.
          Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Yes I have done BFT and Max-Ot and have come real close to tossing my cookings especially when Trevor would say, "c'mon, you can do this, you want to be huge, then do it, I know you can", and that usually caused me to be crazy in the gym. Glad this was over the computer and not in person.

I remember in one of my weaker days of doing high million set workouts, I did the Leg Press one of my favorites and I started with 1 plate per side and did 20 reps, no rest adding a plate to each side all the way to 12 plates per side, I was hammered, had a hard time walking for a week. That was 240 reps with only a break to add plates and I think my legs shrunk cause of it, never did that one again.

Oh yes the good ole Cyber-Genetics, that turned out to be more of waste than Joe's misguided principles...

Milos that sob had a leg workout of 4 exercises of 4 sets of 40 reps, OMG, I picked Leg Extensions, Hacks, Leg Press and Leg Curls, yup first time in my life I cried in the gym and had water in my mouth ready to lose it, sore for 7 straight days, never did that one again, hope Milos has a great day to...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I hurt my back training for a contest while doing heavy hack squats.This prevented me from squatting or doing hacks ,so I devised a workout using 5 exercises in a Giant-Set for legs,high reps,and increasing weight each set!! OUCH!!!!

Also Tri-Sets on delts,and/or any drop set,especially on quads or calves.

I do another torturous leg day tactic by doing 50,40,30,20,10,reps on Leg Presses with about a minutes rest between sets!!

It`s a monster!
              The Phoenix Rising

Comment

Following BFT, that shit hurts.

Also in several workout I recall doing several forces reps, then doing a few rest pauses, and finishing off with a few negatives all in the same set. And doing that for all my exercises for that bodypart. That just killed my CNS.
                Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Another one that I used to do was.

Heavy Floor deadlifts 3 times a week man my lower back too a beating from this.

And a program I read in Ironman when I was real young, that had you doing barbell squats every other day. (I only lasted 6 weeks doing this)
                  Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Ask Angie (Gym hottie)to dinner...man it took me 2 months to get up the courage,after all that she said she was flattered but taken....man I long for those college days
                    GF
                    The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
                      100rep sets each of leg ext, leg curls, leg press in 1 workout;
                      superset leg press & squat
                      the ones listed above and

leg ext with 2 drops, each set down to failure (no rest between)
                      3-5 minute rest
                      hack squat (same as above)
                      3-5 minute rest
                      lying leg curl (same as above)
                      3-5 minute rest
                      seated leg curl (same as above)

total workout should take about 20-30 minutes and you won't be able to walk.

Comment

Great question....

- Two Drop Sets on Leg Extension (started really heavy and dropped a couple plates each time I failed). It hurt so bad I almost teared up.

- 3 miles all out on the treadmill

- Running the Rack doing Hammer Curls

- Drop Set on Bench Press (failing on each "set" on the way down)

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

100 rep sets...any bodypart.

20 rep sets on squats with 315+ lbs.

Lunges....loose count b/c you almost pass out.

15 rep sets on deads from the ground with 405 lbs.
                          Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Each hacksquat widowmaker-every time I think "I cannot possibly add another 10 next workout"-I have to lay down to stop the spinning
                            Livin' for the pump

Comment

when training for a meet, i went to abt 700 +/-
                              when i hit my triple, i dropped to 500 for 10, then 325 for 2 minutes, lol
                              i made it to 1:25 racked the bar and Puked everywhere
                              frk
                              :iagree:
                              i always agree with what i say

Comment

Working...
                              X