X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell have I been?

What's up IM?!

Some of you know me, some of you don't.

For those that do..what can I say? I have been on a far too long of a break away from IM. To not make this a diatribe, let's just say my life was getting really, really, hectic for a while, some unexpected personal stuff happened, got more hectic, and basically it amounted to me being away from forums (and the internet in general, actually) for a while. I won't get into it here, but it's all good now, and I am ready to be back in the community here, contributing...though, I have COMPLETELY changed my goals, training wise since I have been regularly posting here.

Here was my last thread and posts at IM last time around, if you want a refresher...http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46676&page=2

As to why I stopped coming to IM, well like I said, long story. Had nothing to do with the community here, or anyone in it..I love everyone here. (If you know me and have any questions or wanna know what happened or whatever, just pm me.)

I have to apologize to skip and the crew though, as I was a mod, and basically vanished for a bit. Sorry for that guys. I have been in contact with a few of you through facebook though, just staying in touch.

SO. WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?

Aside from finishing graduate school (fucking YES!), I am working at a weight loss specialty center, and doing a bit of strength and conditioning. I like my job, and I am glad school is over. Might be going for the PhD sometime in the near future, but that's yet to be decided.

..Now, WHAT I REALLY HAVE BEEN DOING...is...JIUJITSU! I am completely infatuated with Brazilian jiuJitsu and training for it. I have completely revamped my training, physique, and mentality. I am a whole different athlete now...and I am loving it. I have competed in 3 tournaments in 2012 and I have at least won my by weight bracket in all of them. When in peak mode, I train JiuJitsu 6 days a week, do Strength and Conditioning with weight work 3 days a week, and I drill and do straight cardio for BJJ 3 days a week also. I spent the summer and fall training with an MMA club and as of now have no desire to try to fight MMA, but who knows. I love fighting in JiuJitsu though, and that is my current focus.

I am gonna make a journal here again soon, and spill my guts about the transition, from the iron sports. For now, enjoy some pics and videos of my exploits since I have been gone, as a sort of "Hey, bro's! I'm back!"

Oh, and yes...let me be the first to say:

I maaaaaay have lost some weight in this tranisiton.

...and it was all on purpose. Seems to be working out thus far.

[YOUTUBE]KCALCX2Cm4I[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]P1fBsY3x4QU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9-Q0-BOONZQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Attached Files

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Lock! You Son of a B! Glad you decided to make an appearance. From facebook and what not I know you've been doing well and I am really glad to see that you've found something you where you can combine your love for fitness and your competitive spirit without compromising your health.

Anyway, glad to see you back around here
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Lock, I'll be following your journal just as I did on your last one. Congrats on finishing Grad school and welcome back! :lock1:
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Awesome vids brother! Congrats on the school accomplishment. Glad to see things are going well for you.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Welcome back Lock! Glad you are liking BJJ! Can't wait to follow your new journal.

Joe
          Joe

Contest History:
          2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
          2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
          2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
          2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
          2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
          2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Lock you ol' motorboatin' sonafabitch!!!

glad your back, your passion and reasoning were always fun to read.
            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
            17 AAU Super Total
            '16-AAU Hi
            '15-USPA Metro
            '15-USPA State
            '15-AAU HI
            '14-AAU HI
            '14-USPA Metro
            '14-WABDL Sonny's
            '14-USPA State
            '14-HI Strongman
            '13-USPA
            '13-WABDL Sonny's
            '13-USPA State
            '13-AAU HI
            '11-USPA Metro
            '10-NPC Stingrey
            '09-NPC Islands
            '09-NPC Stingrey
            '09-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA IronWorks
            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
            '01-ABA Olympia
            '01-ABA Islands
            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
            '00-INBF Musclefest
            '98-NGA Ill
            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Good to see you back!!!!! Your back looks much better after seeing your training videos. I'm so envious of finishing graduate school, I'm a year away and it feels like an eternity. Can't wait to see the journal and have you back cracking the whip here.

Comment

Welcome Back!
                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Glad to see you back. You always answered my questions in various threads and I learned a lot from you. I look forward to learning more from you in the future.

Congrats on graduating and good luck in all your endeavors...

Comment

Hey Lock good to see you doing well. I see the passion for the weights has found its way to Jiu Jitsu. I miss BJJ, its a great excuse to roll around with sweaty men. I enjoyed the grappling video.

Good luck Bro. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Heh heh... "BJ"
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        Heh heh... "BJ"
                        It's BJJ, BJ "Julius" :peep:

Welcome Back Lock
                        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Hey Lock, nice to see you again
                          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Good to see you back and to learn about your goals and accomplishments, dude. It's not because you ain't hittin' the weights like you used to that you can't dedicate yourself to something else with the same focus and intensity that made you do barbell squat widowmakers with 315 lbs, isn't it?

Comment

Congrats. I have found that THE most important thing in training is to have a goal. Once you have a goal, you can formulate a plan to obtain it. It doesn't matter what your goal is...as long as you have one. Personally I have never been big into the fighting thing. I never intend to get into a bar fight or whatever as I am a 44 year old grown man now. Recreational fighting is for the immature frat kids IMO. (I do enjoy UFC on TV though but thats a different arena). So its good you have identified a new goal and we look forward to your progress and documentation here on IM.
                              Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Working...
                              X